Esa Form. — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Esa Form.

Diligent500 Member Posts: 20
Hi to all,

I have sent my Esa for back and now I've been told by Phyisio I need an MRI on my back ECT how can I add this when my form has already been posted getting more serve back pain in night,don' know when I will get to go for my MRI hopefully soon.
I forgot to put on my form am in Support Group ECT can I have a home visit assessent in stead of going to assessent Center.



  • bevt2017
    bevt2017 Member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hi @Diligent500
    You can send in any other supporting evidence, even after you have sent in your forms. 
    I would contact ESA to let them know of any changes.
    Also if you do send in other information, please make sure it's by recorded delivery only. Make sure you put your name and NHS number on any correspondence.
    So they can't say they didn't receive the information.
    I'm not sure wether you can have an assessent done at home? So hopefully someone can advice?
    I'm prouvondly deaf, with neurological problems so i can't walk very well without my wheelchair. And they wouldn't make any allowances for me.
    Good luck 
    Hope all goes well.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Normally for a home assessment you will need a very specific letter from your GP stating that you cannot attend a center and the reason why

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Diligent500
    Diligent500 Member Posts: 20
    Ok thanks for the answers.

  • tomm
    tomm Member Posts: 285 Pioneering
    edited January 2018
    Or if the centre is not on the ground floor, if you suffer with mobility issues and can't use stairs  fire safety regs kick in, obligating them to offer a WCA in a different venue  on the ground floor, unless they have now trained their staff to use the evacuation chairs
    Another somewhat less known rule is that  if the total journey time from your home to the assessment venue would take  more than 90mins on either outward or return  leg of that journey they have to offer you a taxi  as there is a 90mins max journey time  using public transport , this includes waiting times for connecting buses or trains and walking time in between travelling times  as well as taking into account  the time of day the appointment is scheduled for, such as peak times 

    and it's 1hr  if travelling by private car ,  they will if you push them offer a taxi paid on their account  as taxi fares can be expensive 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.