Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is sukiee!
Was awarded DLA indefinite. Only got the low rate for personal care . Have now been told I have to apply for pip . Have no thumb joins so you can imaging how that effect daily life . Lifting , squeezing bottles ie shampoo to wash hair . Cannot cut up food , lift pans etc . All my evidence regarding the removal of my thumb joints is 10 years ago . Since then my arthritis in my hands has gone worse . I take pain killers , wax bath for hands and voltrol cream . It states on pip form all evidence has to be less than 2 years old . Where do I stand with this ? My thumb joins are not coming back
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.