Hi, my name is sukiee! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sukiee!

Options
sukiee
sukiee Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Was awarded DLA indefinite. Only got the low rate for personal care . Have now been told I have to apply for pip . Have no thumb joins so you can imaging how that effect daily life . Lifting , squeezing bottles ie shampoo to wash hair . Cannot cut up food , lift pans etc . All my evidence regarding the removal of my thumb joints is 10 years ago . Since then my arthritis in my hands has gone worse . I take pain killers , wax bath for hands and voltrol cream . It states on pip form all evidence has to be less than 2 years old . Where do I stand with this ? My thumb joins are not coming back 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello sukiee and welcome

If you have no upto date evidence then send copies of what you do have even if 10 years old.
    Medical evidence , although important is only usefull to back up how your condition affects you
    it is important to understand the points system, descriptors and criteria for an award as DLA and PIP use different criteria
    A good starting place is the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Use the above as a template for answering the questions and make good use of the reliability factors of safety, repeatedly, to an acceptable standard and in a timely manner.You will need to explain how you do things, if you use any aids or need assistance and what happens if you don't

There is lots of info on here so please have a look and come back wiith any questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome, @sukiee! I hope you find the above information helpful.

Brightness