Coping with a whole host of problems … — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coping with a whole host of problems …

Options
geek84
geek84 Scope Member Posts: 100 Courageous

Good Morning

I hope you’re all well and please let me know if this is the wrong forum for posting my question.

I am a male and approaching 50 years of age.  I was born with a whole host of problems:

Cervical Myelocele

Meningo Myelocele

Right Convergent Strabismus

Deformity Of Right Foot

Spinal Deformity

Operation for Squint

Occipital Meningocele

Right Hemiparesis

Incoordination of right Hand

I have live with all this since birth.  I have noticed that some of these symptoms have started to increase and would very much like to get in touch with other individuals (for moral support) who have also got some of these problems.

I tried to look online but couldn’t find any relevant groups or online chat groups.  Does anybody know of any Facebook groups, meetup groups/events, online groups/chats where I could meet or talk online with other individuals who suffer the same problems?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is a spinal problems group on FB.  Search 'spinal problems group'.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @geek84 Welcome pleased to meet you.  I am not sure if you wish to chat to myself.  I have a genetic disorder of hands and feet, plus hearing loss and some other problems.  I am 53 years old male live on my own and basically like everyone in the forum are debating everything from problems with our disabilities to just simple things in life.  I get great support and help, advice on any number of themes and topics.  I am always looking to chat about anything you want.  I suppose if you wish to chat to specific people with people with specific disabilities.  I suppose SCOPE might be the one.  It all depends what you wish.  I have met many wonderful, amazing people in this forum.  No matter the disability or illness we all are a community and share.  Thank you nice to talk to you take care.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • geek84
    geek84 Scope Member Posts: 100 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks thespiceman.

Perhaps we could have a chat?

Any further advice greatly appreciated.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @geek84 How are you ?  Thank you for reply.  Please can you tell some thing about yourself.  How are coping with things?  I know life is never easy.  It is a Monday morning again.  Time goes very quickly.  I will tell about me.  I am living in the North East.  Live alone.  Have interests such as music mainly Northern Soul, Motown to Jazz, Blues, Classical.  Have Classic FM on radio most days helps stress and the mental side.  Have anxiety and depression.  Have had addiction history been clean eleven years so far.  Use this to support others who are similar and those who are struggling.  Every day is a blessing.  Although very hard.  Never goes away the feelings and emotions.  Other interests are food, health related hence my name The Spiceman.  Uses herbs and spices to aid mental illness.  Some of the symptoms.  My belief.  If you can search on here many of my posts and threads.  My other things I devote my energies are to debates on religion I am a Christian, disability and political issues around all that.  My concerns and the welfare of our community.  I hope that explains everything.  You might have stimulating, interesting, thoughts on the way you see how we all are perceived in this community.  Jump in as they say.  All your views and opinions are welcomed.  You might have a wealth of knowledge and experience that not only can benefit you but can benefit others in our community.  Always here to listen.  Nice to talk to you.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.