Depression - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Depression

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • tobyrosco21
    tobyrosco21 Community member Posts: 52 Listener
    Options
    Just making a mothers day card for my mum.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @tobyrosco21 Good evening how are you.?  Great to hear from you.  Hope everything is going fine.

Remember small steps.  I am glad to speak to you.  Am here if you wish to talk.  Just on forum this morning, bit this afternoon.

Also give you some time to speak to Richard about anything.

Take care.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • tobyrosco21
    Options
    I'm fine thanks
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @tobyrosco21 Great to hear from you how are doing.  I know it is tough and life is a pain.  I had similar experiences.

Worst for me is the long depressing days, so I know how it feels my friend, so tired is the main one.

That is why doing this now writing and thinking about who I can talk to.  Meds not fully kicked in yet.

Enough about me been busy I have been reading you posts.  If you do not mind Doing stuff or crafts.  Take you mind of the depression
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • tobyrosco21
    Options
    Going to pictures tomorrow so that will be fun.
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello  @Victoriad Sorry did not reply to you sooner.  Thought give our new friend Toby and Richard some time to talk  Very concerned for his well being.  Having the same problems around Christmas.  Not good and got very depressed, lonely..  Besides been so tired today.

I am sure that the weather will improve.  I am from the North East and still cold, wet, snow this week.

I like herbs just written a post on how herbs, gardening good for mental health.  Love Rosemary probably my favourite herb.  The Italians use it for everything one pots, pasta, ragu etc.

Seen a post @Sam_Scope did on allotments a while ago last year.  More ideas.

Put a few more recipes on Coffee Lounge @Sam_Scope asked for some ideas.

I have plenty of herbs around the little bit of ground I have.  Considering some ideas to do a sensory or wildlife garden.  Come Spring or Summer.

You given me some thought to attracting birds and other creatures.  Live in a lot rural areas.  Did have bird table feeders plus other stuff.  Problem is when you move you forget to take it with you.

I have created herb garden for a lot of these drop in centres, community places.  Useful to give some thing back.  Problem was he says were guys would come out to see what you are doing.  Make curt, short remarks like you should be doing it like that.  Smoking a tab in my face.

Me sweating a little in the sun.  Just stood, stopped and gave this guy a shovel.  You can do better.  No no he hollered I have got bad back, got this and a long ailment list.   I took off my gloves showed him my fingers missing, my hands in plasters, from abrasions.  Just turned away walked off.

So I won that day but I do enjoy it, little work out, little sun ,fresh air, wind, rain.  All brings joy to my face.

So thanks for the time and hope to speak to you soon

Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @tobyrosco21 Great what do like film wise.  I am into the old films that were around in the forties, fifties.  I like films that are called film noir.

I suppose could talk for ever about films but I am here to listen to you
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @tobyrosco21 Sorry about this I have to sign off, getting tired now.  Meds are effecting me to start to feel sleepy.

Please come back give yourself some time.  I hope you have a great day.  We are all here to listen speak to you soon I hope.

Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Toby, @tobyrosco21
    You're going to see a film tomorrow? Have you decided which one? My wife has been looking for one for us and we're thinking about going to see "The Post".

And I'm still intrigued by your photography :smile: Be interested to know what camera you use. Years ago, when it was still all celluloid and chemistry, I used to teach photography evening classes.

Stay safe, Toby, and please keep in touch.

Richard
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Hi @Victoriad

Yes, the parakeets were originally either released or escaped from captivity. They have survived extraordinarily well and bred, so that now the local population numbers in hundreds, possibly thousands. The Harris's Hawk also appears to be an escapee whose owner is not bothered about having her back! This is a young lady (I believe) dining out of my hand last Monday.
    Stay well
    Richard
  • tobyrosco21
    Options
    I have got a cannon ixus 180.  It' Just a point and shoot nothing fancy.  Going to see fifty shades freed, and have a meal out.
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Hi @thespiceman
    Haven't had time to get back to some of your mails yet! :( Just wanted to check you're okay.
    Best,
    Richard
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Hi Toby, @tobyrosco21
    The Canon Ixus is a very nifty little camera, and a 20MP chip is nothing to sniff at. My Lumix GF6 is only 16MP by comparison. I'd probably get better results a lot of the time if I used an Ixus :smile:
    I hope Fifty Shades Freed doesn't prove a let-down - it has had some very poor reviews. It is 'erotica' of course. Does that interest you? It happens that I know a lot of fine writers of erotic material.
    Anyway, I hope you have a great day. Let us know how it goes.
    Warmest best wishes, always,
    Richard

• tobyrosco21
    Options
    It's a good story, mental health issues involved.
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @RichardVR Thank you for reply, Good morning.  Just went back on forum about nine last night, knowing hoping Toby is doing OK.

Then had few messages from Toby, then thought give you two a chance to talk, did not want to interrupt the flow.  

I explain as you know your self being ill , depression hard to talk at first, I understand that.  Been there still am, most days.

Been thinking about the garden, try to put some plans in place.  Each year try to do some thing.  I am a fraid one of these people gets benefit but never really spends any money on me.

Just food and bills, scared to.  Anxiety of losing car, loss of getting out and about.  Thought if I have assessment PIP.  Then if I lose car then might be stranded.  No bus or lack of support services.  I would rely on.  Seem non exsisted.

I just thought what the heck try to not think about it, try to do some things that can help you mentally.

Said to Victoria sensory garden, have a go, some ideas, wildlife garden.  Life is so short.  I said to myself if I do lose benefit use some thing to get away or from A to B.

There will be a solution. of sorts, got some finances in the bank that will help.  Only little niggles in the back of my mind.

I had a car since early eighties spent thousands on them, now motobility since early nineties.  So what happens happens.  Got to be more positive.  I know did this before in another place, private rented.  Left everything behind garden, bird table seats, benches plant pots, tubs.  Scared of landlord just wanted to get away from area.

So perhaps memories of that is stopping me, not nice people.

Sorry if this disjointed the words just beginning to start the day.  Meds I take sleepy to night make me sleep.  Morning fog on the brain and tired, wandering around rooms the other night.

Notice Gennaro on Saturday Kitchen, worth to watch for amazing food, my food plus entertainment value.

Been on too long again another episode of the spicemans life for every body to fully read.  Makes a change from the newspaper.  Glints and glimpses of the spicemans life.  Could be a winner, be on one of those docu dramas.

Who would play me, Tom Selleck , Brad Pitt who just be available give him a ring Tom Cruise of course.  Very droll.  Take care

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.