Depression - Page 8 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Depression

Options
1234568»

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @RichardVR Good Morning thank you for reply, yes I agree with what you say.  Here about life, it is Monday having just got up.  So still train of thought not really with it.

I enjoy messages, posts, threads any thing to help me through the day, as I hope I can be the same for you.

I agree the system is all wrong I had friends who had severe mental problems pales into significance to my own, times like mornings phone, mobile ringing going mad.  All because the support in the morning has failed to emerge not arrived.  Time and reminders a funny thing, I still think phone will ring but not now, as they are not part of my life any more.

Some were a lot older than myself at the time, suffering addiction history.  Their demise was not only bought sadness but at the same time I think of them all the moments we had, plus memories.

The big issue I have with support especially now is the limited time, they have.  I have left this mental health charity, now all I really need is some one in the back ground to just keep me mentally right, simple things, forms benefits and the rest.  I do have that with you my friend and the support I am getting from SCOPE if and when I need advice, thank you.

I can say to you the pain of losing children is one that never goes away, I had girlfriends who had children plus female friends which one of them had a child with cancer.  I gave much as I could my support to her, family plus the energy, devotion much as I could.  It lingers long, so that I can understand always be a part of you no matter what.

The good aspect of this website you are talking to people who care and have concern.  I had last year or so a support worker.  Never listened.  Young girl I mean so young I have ties in my wardrobe older than her.  Just sat playing with her hair, messing it up.  Never ever said anything not want to be here.  Spent more time looking at her mobile, it kept going off.

In the end She made a excuse and was off, no idea what is the point of that, never asked about me or anything.  Spoke to a new support worker far better, time was short, but I had to tell her about this young girl.  Loads of people complaining about this young woman, no good even though she was qualified had no idea how to deal with people.

That is the issue how to deal with people, I stressed this to Team Manager before I left, said have not got resources or staff for her to shadow some one senior.  I looked at her in amazement.  Yet this young woman is out their now, I am not wrong to critize the system dealing with people who are very ill needs to have some sort of perspective does it not, I said to this staff member.  Got no reply.  

I recall one conversation, still in my head even now most silly thing I heard her say.  I find it boring going to peoples houses, they just sit there say nothing in so many words.  Well that is your job I replied when you are ill have depression you do not give any thing away, feel not like talking, become inward.

Oh I see she said, well you are not like that are you?  I have bad days, like the other day.  Not a clue, although since then met so many who did find her difficult.

I mean what the point of her being in employment if she has no idea, regardless of qualifications.

Mind you I have since made it up for talking he said another long, morning edition for you to read, with coffee or tea.

Yes well here I go again.

I am not against any body by the way who is aethist, non believer, have the different views of religion.  All makes for debate.  I have had spiritiism experiences some of them making me aware of my place on this planet of ours.

Very interesting debate about that on the forum a while ago, very stimulating.  Helped me to understand myself a little more.

What ever you are doing today I hope you enjoy what you are doing no doubt we will be speaking, take care.

Thank you for listening
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Spiceman @thespiceman,
    Made up today for the 'failure' of the weekend took the other half to London as the trains are running again, fed squirrels and parakeets in the park, went to see 'The Post' and went for the dinner. She's a happy bunny tonight.
    I'm falling asleep here, early as it is, so I'm going to check out and catch up with you later.
    Best to you
    Richard
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @RichardVR Thank you for reply, glad you had a good day, pretty tired myself, this is I think due to a long day trying to sort myself out.

Food shop, plans for meals freezer, then by time got sorted.  Made Two Way Chicken in the Stockpot  Neat tidy spiceman do not like mess.  Kitchen wiped down and meal for tomorrow already made made.

Probably put this one on the forum, ideal for Valentines Days for all those in relationships.

Any way hope you had a great day, miss that sort of thing being with some one to share little moments, maybe one day . Time is a  healer.  Getting a lot of dating websites sent to me email.  I have trust issues, just have no confidence, been burnt too many times, never know when going out. to places.

I hope you are OK get plenty of rest, new day and I hope, pray to speak to you soon.

Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @Victoriad Hope you OK great to hear from you, by time you will get this.  I know you will be a sleep so just a message to say thank you for being my friend.

Thank you for useful information, I have made notes on anything you give me, so I do not forget.

Most of all thank you for listening, your time.  I appreciate it much.

I hope you got sorted with everything, I am sure everything with your GP will get dealt with.  I understand how you are and do feel for you.  Ready to listen so I hope you get a good rest and take care.

Speak to you soon
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Hi @tobyrosco21

Just a quick check-in to ask how you are.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • tobyrosco21
    tobyrosco21 Community member Posts: 52 Listener
    Options
    I'm lousy thanks for asking. 
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Hello Toby, @tobyrosco21
    I am very sorry to hear that. I'm listening if you'd care to talk about it. I know you were due to go back to work soon and hated the prospect, but you never seemed to be able to tell me why.
    Anyway, believe it or not, I am here for you.
    Richard
  • tobyrosco21
    tobyrosco21 Community member Posts: 52 Listener
    Options
    I'm not worth bothering about
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Hello Toby,
    You're not worth bothering about? I wonder what brings you to that conclusion? I have, over time, met a lot of people who said that the same thing was trued of them, but I've never met one yet who wasn't more than worth my time.
    I suspect there are things you need to talk about but that you find very, very, difficult. And from what you've said previously, some of your background has clearly been horrendous. Could you possibly talk to me a little better in confidence? Through the messaging service, maybe?
    You really do matter, Toby,
    Richard
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @tobyrosco21 How are you ?  Been a while.  Hope you do not mind asking.

Trying to help and give you some support.

I am very sorry if you are not well.

See Richard been trying to contact you.

Being here to listen, I know it is not easy talking. 

Look what happened today, I never rarely speak to my neighbours.  First time for nearly 3 months maybe or more.  Concerned for my welfare, just five minutes of time.  Helped me realise people do care.  Told her about lack of support I am getting.

This is the same we all care and share in the community.

I hope you take care

Always in my thoughts and prayers
    Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.