CAPITA COMPLAINT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CAPITA COMPLAINT

Annabelle26
Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
I have finally received a response about my second complaint to Capita.  Because it is basically my word against the Assessor they have not been able to upheld/reject my complaint.  They have apparently spoken to the Assessor and of course she did everything right.  They confirmed the interview only lasted approximately 20 minutes but do not explain how I answered all the questions & did the exercises in that time.  Apparently the Assessor gave me time to answer the questions.  Capita have told me if I am still not satisfied I can go to someone called  The Independent Case Examiner.  As I am still not satisfied because I lost my benefit because of her inaccurate report I am going to take it further & see what happens.  I will do the letter over the weekend. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you exhausted the MR and appeal process ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Annabelle26
    This is a complaint about Capita.  Regarding my PIP application I am waiting for a Tribunal hearing.
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Annabelle26
    i would do as suggested and take this to the independent case examiner  they will surely realise that it would not be possible to conduct a thorough interview with exercises from start to finish in only 20 minutes.It usually takes about five minutes for setting up laptop,introductions etc.Good luck.
             Debsidoo.x
  • JCTaylor
    JCTaylor Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi could you forward me address for capita i wish to make complaint for my partner regards his assessment by the person sent out to our home. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    I have finally received a response about my second complaint to Capita.  Because it is basically my word against the Assessor they have not been able to upheld/reject my complaint.  They have apparently spoken to the Assessor and of course she did everything right.  They confirmed the interview only lasted approximately 20 minutes but do not explain how I answered all the questions & did the exercises in that time.  Apparently the Assessor gave me time to answer the questions.  Capita have told me if I am still not satisfied I can go to someone called  The Independent Case Examiner.  As I am still not satisfied because I lost my benefit because of her inaccurate report I am going to take it further & see what happens.  I will do the letter over the weekend. 
    if you take it to ice they investigate capita and the acesser and sort them out

• dottydotty
    dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
    Lodged a complaint with  cAPITA   regarding  my assessor and assessors report . Had a letter acknowledging complaint saying they will investigate and get back to me within  20 days ,They are now ignoring  my emails . . Any ideas what to do next ?
  • maid08
    Lodged a complaint with  cAPITA   regarding  my assessor and assessors report . Had a letter acknowledging complaint saying they will investigate and get back to me within  20 days ,They are now ignoring  my emails . . Any ideas what to do next ?
    keep emails and keep sending them it just proves on appeal how they are being akward i have same problem  and will take them to court for my loss of benifit which is over 6000 and take acesser to 

• Annabelle26
    I initially sent an email then followed it up with a letter.  I also printed off the emails so I have a paper copy of everything. 
  • maid08
    they do their best to ignor you i am waiting for reply to another email if i do not get one then its court

• dottydotty
    Seems Capita  have quite a few complaints , I will email them again ,and  also write  to them . Did you explain in full detail the errors  discrepancies  in your Capita  complaint .  
  • Annabelle26
    In the email I only put brief details plus details of two major mistakes the Assessor had made.  I also asked for an address where I could send more details but I never received this until they actually replied to my complaint. They admitted this was an error on their part. I sent a letter where I went through the Assessors report section by section pointing out the wrong information she had put & what she should have put. The letter ran to 4 pages. They eventually replied that they could not upheld/reject the complaint as it was my word against the Assessor & in her interview she did everything right.  I am just about to escalate the matter to someone called The Independent Case Reviewer.  Capita gave me the details in their letter if I was still not satisfied.  I am not satisfied as  the Senior Manager who interviewed the Assessor should have realised I could not answer all the questions & do the exercises asked for in the 20 minute interview.  Capita have admitted the interview was only approximately 20 minutes as their log book shows me arriving at 10:20 am & leaving at 10:53 am & before I went for the interview I asked to use the toilet so was not shown into the consulting room until 10:30.
  • dottydotty
    Annabelle26   Thankyou so much for your detailed reply . When I complained I only mentioned a couple of major errors , I intend to write to them today with a full list of errors . Also on the back of the assessors report it has  2 questions  ;; has the person had these conditions in the last 3 months etc  and the next question  how long before another  review . mine says " no functional disabilities" review again in 8 years . I will be 72 in 8 years . Pip is for 16-65 age.
  • dottydotty

Annabelle26 I have today received my reply from Capita and they have agreed with several points I raised  factual errors . I wwill now forward it to the DWP in the hope that it may help my MR decision .

• dottydotty
    In the email I only put brief details plus details of two major mistakes the Assessor had made.  I also asked for an address where I could send more details but I never received this until they actually replied to my complaint. They admitted this was an error on their part. I sent a letter where I went through the Assessors report section by section pointing out the wrong information she had put & what she should have put. The letter ran to 4 pages. They eventually replied that they could not upheld/reject the complaint as it was my word against the Assessor & in her interview she did everything right.  I am just about to escalate the matter to someone called The Independent Case Reviewer.  Capita gave me the details in their letter if I was still not satisfied.  I am not satisfied as  the Senior Manager who interviewed the Assessor should have realised I could not answer all the questions & do the exercises asked for in the 20 minute interview.  Capita have admitted the interview was only approximately 20 minutes as their log book shows me arriving at 10:20 am & leaving at 10:53 am & before I went for the interview I asked to use the toilet so was not shown into the consulting room until 10:30.

Hi   Have you got any further with your complaint to Capita ?  

• Annabelle26
    Just preparing the letter to send to the Independent Case Reviewer.  Because of further DWP harassment over my ESA benefit I been ill so have not been able to do anything until this weekend.  The DWP have decided I need a F2F assessment for my ESA benefit.  I have contacted my MP about it & he is looking into the matter for me.
  • dottydotty
    Annabelle26   Thankyou.    I hope you get your award sorted out soon . I am still awaiting my decision  . It is a stressful time . In my reply from Capita they agree that there were errors . I am hoping this will invalidate the report and help in my reconsideration .
  • susielockett
    susielockett Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Hi all, I also put in a complaint to them, received a letter stating that they upheld the decision so I went on their website and put it all on there. I then received another letter from them saying because of the distress they would hand it to someone higher up. Once again I got a letter stating that the HP was upset someone had put in a complaint against her and they also said because it was hearsay they had done as much as they could but I could either put it to an independent case reviewer or wait for a court date for my appeal date. I have six months to go independent. I am going to wait four months and if I dont have a court date by then I will act on it. Its absolutely disgusting that my medical reports were next to me at a home visit and she declined to read them! One of my major issues was that she mentioned I had sat smoking a cigarette, flicking ash into an ashtray. I have not smoked for approximately 6 years! How can this be hearsay? Rant over :)
  • thgun
    thgun Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    edited December 2018
    I too am caught up in all this.  The way I see it is this.  The Government what numbers down and its's the DWP's job to do this. How those numbers are brought down no one cares as long as it's done.  Whether it's auditing claims in order to stop people getting points or falseyfiying what was actually said in the assessment.  Also reports of suacide have been reported due to claiments losing there entitlement.  I have days when I want to commit suacide but I know If I did that I'd be letting those ******** win.  
  • susielockett
    susielockett Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    I put a complaint in after my assessment and all they said was as they were not in the room when the assessment took place they could not comment! I went on to win my appeal and it was hard work but like you, I wont let the buggers win

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.