PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Subject access request

Annabelle26Annabelle26 Member Posts: 103 Pioneering
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip evidence.

Replies

• Annabelle26Annabelle26 Member Posts: 103 Pioneering
    Can someone tell me can I do a subject access request to Capita to find out more information as to how they dealt with my complaint to them or should I just wait until I have submitted my complaint to the Independent Case Examiner.  Also should I do the same to the DWP or leave it to the Tribunal.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Annabelle26, I've moved this post into our ask a benefits advisor category where somebody will hopefully be able to advise you on this.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,605 Disability Gamechanger
    What is it your hoping to find out? Only the tribunal will award benefit.

Complaining to an assessment provider and indeed DWP is fine but what’s the additional value for your claim that you’re hoping to get from a SAR?

NB: ICE just look at procedural stuff. If DWP did everything in a timely fashion than that complaint will fail.
    I am not going to ICE about the DWP it is about Capita.  They have not given me a proper explanation about the assessment that took place so I want to take it further. I would have done it by now but I have had a few bad days. The SAR was only an idea.  I have applied for SARs in the past with other organisations & they proved to be quite useful.
    ICE can't look at Capita stuff. Just DWP. If Capita is the issue then you need to complain in the first instance to Capita and escalate accordingly.
    I have been through the Capita complaints procedure & in their letter they gave me details of ICE if I still was not satisfied which I am not.
    That's their rather blunt way of saying "Your issue is with DWP not us". You need to decide where your issue is and pursue that line. From what you say, your issue is solely with Capita and their assessment. Therefore you need to lodge a formal complaint, titled as such, to Capita.
    I have been through the Capita complaints procedure.  In the last part of their second & final letter  they say "if you are not satisfied with this response you can refer your complaint to THE INDEPENDENT CASE EXAMINER using the following methods.  The letter then describes the various ways you can contact them.  I have also been on the ICE website to find out what to do.  I will be preparing a letter and sending it off during the next few days.  I know what I am doing.
    Thank you.  I will let you know what happens.
Sign in or join us to comment.