My PIP Reassessment from hell... 5th Feb, 2018 - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP Reassessment from hell... 5th Feb, 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Fight4Justice
    Fight4Justice Community member Posts: 63 Pioneering
    Options
    @Princessx

My tribunal appeal is next week. Feeling sick with nerves but I've been through one before and won, hoping for the same outcome again.

It will have been around a 15 to 16 weeks wait from when tribunal services received my appeal. I think compared to claimants from other parts of the UK I've been very lucky in this regard, so I'm not going to complain about the wait.
  • Fight4Justice
    Fight4Justice Community member Posts: 63 Pioneering
    Options
    lkeld said:
    I know this is a older post but i came across it when googling MR PIP. 
    I am concerned that you were going to do your MR over the phone or call DWP as that will contradict the communication side of talking on the phone!!
    The very fact you maybe didn't get your condition over in the face to face assessment can surely be used to strengthen your point that you are not good with verbal communication or mixing with other people???
    Yes I agree with that. My communication skills on the phone in general aren't that good. There's no way my phone call could work against me, if anything I think it would work in my favour, as we had to take several breaks during the call so I could recompose myself. My dealings directly with the DWP on the phone haven't been too bad all in all. The people that work at Atos aka Independent Assessment Services on the other hand lack any compassion or empathy whatsoever. Basically treated like a criminal at the face to face assessment, and if you give them any opportunity to twist your words they'll do it. Even if I win my appeal it will be the same thing all over in 2 years time.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Options

Even if I win my appeal it will be the same thing all over again in 2 years time.
    Know the feeling well my friend!!
  • Princessx
    Princessx Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I wish you luck with your appeal.  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.