PIP tribunal- CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal- CP

traci
traci Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am a mum of a 25 year old daughter whom has Ataxic Cerebral Palsy. Currently awaiting a PIP tribuneral tribunal for her...she has gone from middle rate personal care and high rate mobility to no award on PIP...we started off with an 11 week wait for a tribuneral date and now have been advice it's a 34 week wait...absolutely feeling lost and that I am letting my daughter down.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @traci, and welcome to the community! I'm sorry it's under such circumstances. It must be really frustrating to have to wait so long and to have to fight for what your daughter was entitled to before.

You may like to read our advice on DWP tribunals, and also get involved with our discussions. I'm sure there will be many parents and carers who can relate to how you're feeling, but it does sound like you're doing a great job in standing up in support of your daughter's best interests. All the best, and do keep us updated! 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You can request a short notice Hearing in case of a cancellation but you might only be told the date the day before.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.