PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Entitlement for pip and medical evidence

alisha22alisha22 Member Posts: 317 Pioneering
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
How do I know if I'm entitled as I thought you had to be properly disabled to be able to get pip. I dropped a boiling kettle twice last week, and at times leave the cooker on with a dish cloth on  (electric cooker ) when I see sharp cutlery and have had a bad day due to my mental health issues feel like harming myself so these are kept away and am supervised. Yet the assessor from capita feels I'm independent and can do all by myself so was denied pip with 0 points given so was the mandatory decision 0 point so why would tribunal be any different.

Replies

• BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    alisha22,

Tribunals are independent of the DWP. They have lots of experience of inadequate assessments and are much less likely to take the Capita assessment at face value. If you have other medical evidence, and simply strong consistent evidence of your own (such as a diary as to how often you have accidents etc), then this should be taken into account by the tribunal. Unlike the DWP, the tribunal has to give reasons if it decides not to rely on your evidence, and has to explain if it decides to give more weight to the assessment.

I can see from what you say that a lot of the activities pose a risk to you. The risk only has to be something that should reasonably be avoided for you to get points. If you have done the PIP self test and believe that you should get enough points to get PIP, then I would encourage you to appeal.

It really is worth it. Lots and lots of people have been successful at tribunal. The statistics show this, as to the stories of many people on this forum. 

If you can get help locally with the appeal, even better, but don't worry if you can't - tribunals are used to seeing unrepresented claimants. You could take a friend or family member with you, and/or one of the people who supervises you at home in the kitchen or elsewhere.

The first step though, if you haven't already done it, is to use the self test to see if you should get at least 8 points.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • alisha22alisha22 Member Posts: 317 Pioneering
    Thanks will, I did do the self pip test infact my daughter also did one for me separately and and each time it showed as me being entitled to pip enchached rate for daily living and mobility too. Yet the assessor lied so much and that not only hurts but gets me very angry that a professional can make up such lies. But thank you for the advice, I will speak to CAB and gather as much as I can myself.
    Hello everyone just received acknowledgement of my pip sscs1 form been received by the courts, a week after been sent. I don't have a representative and only hoping this don't matter. They did say if the venue is far they will make arrangements for it to be held at a nearest on by me in Birmingham, so that's good to hear. I only hope by not having a representative may affect my case.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for updating us @alisha22, and all the best for your appeal. If there's anything we can offer guidance on, do let us know.
    Thanks pippascope, well actually I'm a bit confused as to what to do when it comes to gathering evidence. I was told they don't look at the new evidence only what was sent at time of appeal for MR and how I was at that period of time. Would I need to send a  new letter from gp or use the one she did for me when I requested the MR stage same with physio letter. Additionally I have hospital appointmentstaff,  MRI scans for knee as well as seeing my mental health doctor. Would these be useful.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi alisha

Do not panic, there may or may not be a representative in your area, I am sure that @mikehughesesq will have something on that

However many people do sucessfully win their appeal with no representation.
    Sometimes the CAB will help with preparing your submission

New evidence is not necessary, but if you can get relevant evidence that relates to the time of your assessment it may help.

You should soon receive a bundle of all the evidence used by the DWP
    You should check this and make sure any evidence you have supplied is present.
    The problem usually is not the ammount of eveidence but the way it is read ( or not )
    When you prepare your own submission using the bundle you must lead the reader to the exact page and paragraph that shows you meet the descriptor. Make it idiot proof

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
    Thanks so much pippascope. Your advice is much appreciated.
    Thanks cockneyrebel, I will try to contact CAB and see what can be offered to me to help me prepare for my tribunal. Thanks again.
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    @alisha22

I had no rep at my PIP tribunal hearing, and many other members have reported the same.  We won our appeals.  I was awarded enhanced both components, up from standard both components.  In other words, it is not necessary to have a rep to win a tribunal appeal, if you are unable to find one.  The panel will expect the appellant to answer most, if not all, of their questions anyway.

I prepared my appeal submission and for the hearing by using:

Disability Rights UK site advice on PIP
    Disability Rights Handbook
    Advice from various Scope benefits advisors (especially from @Debbie_Scope)
    Advice from many Scope online community members

Possibly the most important point to remember about PIP appeal hearings is that they are inquisitorial.  Have your wits about you. The panel might well grill you to establish the facts.  Don't get rattled by the questions and stick to your grounds for appeal.  For example, if you can't walk farther than 20m before you need to rest, don't let the panel try to lead you to say that you can walk farther.  They are challenging you to see if you waiver from your submission.

If they ask for how long you can walk, not how far, say it takes you X seconds or minutes to walk Y meters.  Never just give a time.  One or two minutes might not sound long but many people can cover quite a distance in that time, so the panel might think that you can as well!  Always relate time to distance.

Thank you matilda for your kind advice. I've stopped panicking now regarding the representative now. And yes I will get advice from scope members etc. Matilda just how long did your appeal hearing come thru?
    Hi Alisha

I waited 5.5 months in London for my hearing which took place May 2017.  But waits can be longer now because so many more people are appealing.
    Cheers matilda, well I suppose it gives us time to prepare at least. Did you send any new evidence and if yes what sorts of evidence was it. Sorry for throwing questions at you, I get nervous and don't want to make it any worse.
    Hi Alisha

I sent in references to the DWP PIP Handbook and legislation relating to walking distances.  But then I read a post by a @BenefitsTrainingCo solicitor which stated that tribunals already know the legislation and they are only interested in what the appellant can and can't do.

I had no new medical evidence as of course neither my GP nor my consultant know how my conditions affect me on a daily basis.  The only medical evidence I had was from 1998 when I first claimed DLA.  Of course this evidence was very good because the reports had been completed by a trained DWP appointed doctor and my own GP.  Unlike my PIP assessment report completed by an Atos paramedic!
    Oh okay thanks for that info. I got my gp letter and physio letter which I used for the MR stage. Do you think this will be okay for the hearing as well. I have been also told you have to measure distances not by seconds or minutes, is this correct.
    Yes, send in the GP and physiology letters.

Points are awarded for distances, e.g. 0-20m, 20m-50m.  But, frankly, tribunals might try to catch you out by asking for how long can you walk.  If you say you  can walk for 1 or 2 minutes this could mean you could walk 100m or 200m as some people can.  But it could also mean it takes you 1 or 2 minutes to walk 20m or 50m.  

So never give a time without giving the distance as well!
    Okay thanks so much matilda.
    You're welcome, alisha.
    hi all,  well I received my bundle from dwp today. I'm a bit concerned that dwp have suggested to the courts that they dismiss my case. They said I'm on a low dosage for antidepressants etc etc. They stated the so called health professional wrote in her report she did muscular activity with me but no exercises took place. Dwp have made a case for themselves and I feel I will break down at the tribunal and make myself look like I don't deserve pip, having this bundle has thrown me a little as dwp sound so convincing so how do I prove them wrong. Help!!
    Hi alisha

It is standard for the DWP to ask for the claim to be dismissed.
    The tribunal will look at all the evidence without the bias of the DWP.
    Although the descrepancies should be addressed, this will not win your award.
    Take each descriptor one at a time and reference it to the page and paragraph of the bundle, using the hand written numbers on each page, to show that you meet the descriptor
    If you have further evidence,you should attach to the back of your submission, with your name, NI and a page number and reference as above

make good use of the reliability factors that are often overlooked by HCP and DM

Keep a daily diary,   of how you are affected

If possible get help from CAB or similar

Also have a look at the great info on here about appeals

CR
    When do I have to send my submission form in by, and thanks for the kind advice.
    You need to send your submission in as soon as possible and usually within one month, any further evidence at least 7 days before the hearing.

CR
    Sorry for silly questions but is a submission like what I disagree with and so on.
    Not a silly question
    Yes, your submission is you making your case and showing that you do meet the descriptors

Please do get help with this if possible

CR
    Oh thank you, I will go to town and see if I can speak with someone from CAB or even ring them. I just feel the tribunal just want to catch you out but I just want to be myself and explain how I am on a day to day basis.
    The tribunal are independant and want to understand how you are affected they are only interested in the truth.
    The very nature of a tribunal means that it will be inquisitorial

CR
    Will i be ok to use same gp and physio letters I sent for MR, as support.and as you said before any new evidence I can send 7 days before the hearing. Also are they any sample templates  to help guide you in writing a submission.
    Hi alisha

You do not need to send any of the letters or evidence that you have already submitted as copies will be in the bundle

CR
    Oh ok thanks for that information, so just a submission letter then.
    I have sent you a message, hope it helps

CR
    Cockneyrebel you are a star, thank you so much for this and I have a good idea now as how to go about doing the submission. Thank you once again.
    You are very welcome. If you have any questions just ask and I will try and help

CR
    I will thank you.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,937 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi alisha

Do not panic, there may or may not be a representative in your area, I am sure that @mikehughesesq will have something on that

However many people do sucessfully win their appeal with no representation.
    Sometimes the CAB will help with preparing your submission

New evidence is not necessary, but if you can get relevant evidence that relates to the time of your assessment it may help.

You should soon receive a bundle of all the evidence used by the DWP
    You should check this and make sure any evidence you have supplied is present.
    The problem usually is not the ammount of eveidence but the way it is read ( or not )
    When you prepare your own submission using the bundle you must lead the reader to the exact page and paragraph that shows you meet the descriptor. Make it idiot proof

CR
    Apologies. Have only seen this now. What area?
    Hi I'm in saltley area in Birmingham.
  • donna122donna122 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi can you be awarded enhanced daily living allowance but no mobility?
    Hi donna

Yes you can receive either or both components of PIP

CR
  • donna122donna122 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    For pip tribunal can you send hospital appointment letters and results just before the hearing. And do we take the whole bundle with us too. 
    As for evidence my gp wrote a short note as did my physio, hopefully this will be enough. The assessor from capita had said my medication is not high enough dosage for them to consider. I was on 150mg sertraline antidepressant now I'm on 100mg amongst other tablets. I don't understand these assessor reports.
    Sorry guys, I might of asked this question before but was wondering once receiving the dwp bundle is there a time scale we have to send submission by like with the mandatory we have a month.
    Yes you should send your submission within a month
    Hospital appointment and results may help with the why but not the how. PIP is about how you are affected and not so much your condition

CR
    Thanks cockneyrebel, but how do we convince the tribunal of our day to day struggles and how we cope as I'm sure they just don't take our word for it, but we are only people who know us best.
    They have to weigh up all the evidence but your evidence is actually the crucial bit.
    Can anyone tell me if this would also help with my pip tribunal, well just had my results appointment regarding my MRI scan of my right knee and was told that I have a tear in the cartilage and before they suggest a operation they want me to have physio and Wear a brace, and will be seen again in 2 months time. I know own this is the diagnosis but my knee has been hurting a number of years ago and recently gives way.
    Hi alisha

The tribunal can only consider evidence that relates to the time of your assessment. If you can tie this diagnosis back to that time then it may help

CR
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi
    I agree with CR to a point, the tribunal do say at th3 hearing its about the time of the assessment but at my hearing they asked questions about now, not then!!

Susan
    @CockneyRebel chose their words carefully and well although it’s not the date of assessment it’s the date of decision. Some people say that evidence which post dates the date of claim cannot be considered. That’s wrong. Evidence can be considered no matter when it’s dated if it clearly covers a period which includes the dare of claim.

Trubunals which ask about the date of hearing not the date of decision are either trying to get a sense of the speed of deterioration; recognising that someone may have memory issues, or, committing an error of law.
  • sleepy1sleepy1 Member Posts: 299 Pioneering
    I have just completed a PIP review form which asks on each question for a date FROM when did this change happen and TO:

This has delayed me completing the form because I could not say when things changed.  My condition got progressevly worse and I did not think to make a note of when it started to get worse.

Instead have just wrote a note saying all changes have occurred in the last 6 months.  Do you need to write specific dates?

Totally bemused by the question "what has happened"?  Can understand the From to some extent........but To?   Infinity and beyond ; )

• WaylayWaylay Member Posts: 922 Pioneering
    alisha22 said:
    As for evidence my gp wrote a short note as did my physio, hopefully this will be enough. The assessor from capita had said my medication is not high enough dosage for them to consider. I was on 150mg sertraline antidepressant now I'm on 100mg amongst other tablets. I don't understand these assessor reports.
    Hi @alisha22 My assessor said that as my MH meds haven't changed in two years, my condition is stable and therefore doesn't cause me functional impairment!

a) I've been on 14 MH meds since I was a teenager. Some didn't work, some had terrible side effects, some stopped working (even at max dose) after a while. There are very few types of MH meds I haven't tried (MAOI, I think), so there aren't many new ones to try.
    b) I also have chronic pain, and Venlafaxine (which I was already on for MH reasons) is one of the ones that is supposed to help with pain, so we didn't want to switch it.
    c) I'm on the max dose of Venlafaxine, and titrating down off of it would take a very long time. I'm too scared to try months of less medication! Also, if I miss even one dose my withdrawal symptoms are pretty awful; 2 doses and I'm unable to even figure out what's wrong. Not keen on trying it.
    d) I'm on 10 prescription and 6 OTC meds, so there are a lot of interactions to take into account. My current meds seem to be the best combo we can find, even though they don't work amazingly well.
    e) I have Borderline PD, which involves quick and intense mood changes, so by definition I can't be described as stable! My MH is very variable!
    f) Even if I were stable, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't still have functional impairments! I have BPD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Major Depressive Disorder which has been very difficult to treat. I'm unable to function a lot of the time.

*fumes*
    @sleepy1

PIP is awarded for disabilities that have lasted for at least 3 months and are expected to last for at least another 9 months.  Hope this helps.
    Thank you for everyone's comments always helpful.
    can anyone tell me what address I have to send my submission form for pip. I am in Birmingham, I thought it was the same address where I sent the mandatory form for appeal to heard after been rejected for MR 
    It should be on the SSCS1

f you live in England or Wales
    send your appeal to:
    HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre
    PO Box 1203
    BRADFORD
    BD1 9WP

vcan anyone tell me to request a copy of MRI scan results letter and also a picture of the xray, is their a charge. I was hoping to get these and send off  to the pip tribunal folks. I was told by a very confused woman at the hospital in would have to come in with two types of I'd and fill forms and it will cost me. It's hard to get appointment with gp otherwise I'm sure they would of received a copy. I'm just covering myself and it's just evidence relating to my ongoing knee issues.
    I spoke with a lady from Scope and she said a submission is not necessary but fresh evidence is, after receiving the dwp bundle and acknowledgment of my appeal letter being received it did do a full on letter as to why I felt I should of scored certain points etc. Just want to clarify this was correct regarding the submission letter.
    sorry folks I feel so daft asking question after question.
    alisha
    The only daft questions are the ones you don't ask

I think someone has thier knickers in a twist
    You do not need further evidence for an appeal if you have already supplied all your relevant evidence but your submission is to explain and show how and why you should score the points for an award. So it sounds like you have done it right

CR
    oh ok thanks cockneyrebel, so this bit of evidence regarding the MR I for knee results is this bit ok to send.
    There is no harm sending it especially if you can show that it was relevant at the time of the decision

CR
    cheers cockneyrebel.
    can anyone advise as to when the submission letter has to be given to the hmccts for pip tribunal. I've had the dwp bundle for 3 weeks now and am still doing the submission letter, it's not same time scale as it is for the MR. Anyway I'm a bit disappointed with citizens advice as each time I go on the Web chat they are busy, when I ring they are busy, I eventually walked into one in the gazette building in bham city centre only to be told we can't walk in and ask for advice, I need to go to the website etc etc. So it seems I'm on my own to write the submission letter and anything else too. I spoke to a welfare guy who said I'm my area they are no representation so if he was to help and if I win my appeal he will want a certain amount of money like a cut from me, is this correct. I have not called him back but he seemed he was willing to help and all that, but I'm slightly apprehensive.
    sorry for the essay guys.
  • WaylayWaylay Member Posts: 922 Pioneering
    I've never heard of anyone doing this before, @alisha22. I'm very dubious.

Check out the benefitsandwork website. Costs £20 for a year's membership, but the members-only guides are well worth it!! You also get access to the forums, where every question I can think of has been asked, and can ask the moderators questions. Many people do it by themselves using these guides.
    There’s lots of sole and multi practitioner services out there asking for money in relation to be benefit appeals. It’s legitimate in a small number of circumstances and the growth is inevitable as some people are ex salaried advice workers hit by public sector cuts, but, my personal view is that a number of these are very dodgy indeed and there’s something a tad immoral about charging anyone on a fixed income. It’s also worth knowing that it’s not a regulated industry.

In terms of putting in a submission for an appeal:

a) there’s no deadline but obviously if you are putting in something significant then the sooner the DWP see it the sooner they will have the opportunity to respond.

b) there are a small number of complex cases for which a long submission is necessary but by and large a submission ought to aim to be as short and to the point as possible. No tribunal member working in their own time (as DQTMs and the medical professionals do) is going to rigourously read your 30 sided submission one evening. Focus on a brief medical history and a brief benefit history. Avoid repeating stuff already in the appeal papers. Only bring things they might not know to the their attention. 

Once you’ve done the background you then need to lay out the points you think you should score on and why. A good way of doing this is a matrix/table. First column is what you scored on first claim; second what you scored on MR; third is what you think you should score. Fourth is the explanation for each one as to why.

Good as it is you should not need to subscribe to B&W for this. Their page on PIP points scores should give you everything you need. The PIPinfo web site will give you an understanding of how key terms are interpreted and away you go. 
    Thank you so much guys for each one of your advice. I will check on websites you mentioned, and try to beware of these  people who may or may not be legitimate. I've got a better idea of how to go about it now, so thank you all again.
    hiya does anyone know how long you are put in the esa support group for. Mine will be a year this September and I don't want to ring them up and stir something. I was not told in my letter.
    You’re in the Support Group until whenever your next assessment is. Contributory ESA would only stop at 12 months if you weren’t in the SG. So, nothing for you to do at present.
    Oh okay, some one said 3 years u are in the support group where another said 2 years. I will wait for next assessment. I heard somewhere that they would stop calling back for disability assessments so not sure what's going on with it. Some stay on it for 3 years reading some of peopkes posts where others difffer. I suppose we can only wait.
    Hi, can anyone tell me who to ring to find out how long I'm in the esa support group for or is it best left alone. I just wanted to know as it never said in letter. 
    @alisha22, it should tell you how long your award is for, which means that’s how long your in the support group esa.

If you want to call there should be a phone number on your award letter but personally I’d leave it alone.

The award letter should tell you 
    Thanks susan,  but I've got no date on the award letter at all. I was awarded last Sept 2017 and not sure if its 12 months or 24.
    Ok I thought all letters stated either a review or renewal date.
    in that case I’d call, thats me though because I get really anxious about thing like that and would worry about it.

Let me know how it goes
    Hiya Susan,  just rang dwp and was told for 18 months, so I will get a letter months before to fill in and then they decide either a home visit or whatever. So March 2019 will be the whole 18 months. Not long really and has gone so very quick.
    Alisha that’s good you know though, peace of mind.

I think awards should be longer, it feels we are never off the never ending cylcle of applying, reviews or renewals.

Just try and forget it til next year, I’m trying to also.

My ESA is to be reviewed in November this year and PIP next October ( pip was after an appeal).

Glad you’v got it sorted though
    Awwwww thanks Susan, you will be okay, if nothing has changed with your health then I'm sure they will be able to see and continue with the esa,  so please don't worry I know easy said than done. I'm waiting for my pip appointment as I applied in Feb this year so  I guess I just have to wait. How long did you have to wait till you was given your appointment?
    Hi just found out my esa support group was for 18 months and is up for review in  March 2019, I'm just concerned what the procedure will be and will i be put back in support group if my health was same as when I first claimed as no change in my physical and mental health. I know it's luck you get the support group and worried luck may not be with us the 2nd time round. Please help!!
  • bizzielizziebizzielizzie Member Posts: 11 Connected
    Hi there well guys , my husband suffers from chronic mental health problems due to a brain Injury, he got his PIP stopped a year ago due to the assessor lying about her visit , we had a hearing for last week they only went and cancelled it , told I gotta wait another 10 weeks , I've had to send more info from the mental health team also anoth lady from Neuro physiology came out she has done me two letters also I had to do a urgent app date letter , since last year this set my hubby back by years , the whole system needs looking at x
    I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, and yes the system sucks. I hope you get what you deserve.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    alisha22 said:
    Hi just found out my esa support group was for 18 months and is up for review in  March 2019, I'm just concerned what the procedure will be and will i be put back in support group if my health was same as when I first claimed as no change in my physical and mental health. I know it's luck you get the support group and worried luck may not be with us the 2nd time round. Please help!!
    When you are sent another ESA50 form the process will be exactly the same as it was previously. They can review you at anytime. The length they tell you is just a guide, they can send you the ESA50 form before and even a long time after that date.

Evidence will be needed to support your claim and expect another face 2 face assessment. I would be useful to find out the reason you were placed in the Support Group the last time as this will help you for when they do review you. There's no guarantee that you'll be kept in the Support Group, so evidence is vital. Remember they rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is always on you to make sure it's sent.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Thanks poppy for your kind advice. I will have evidence  to support my claim and will take it from there. I know it's I'm March 2019 but I like to be prepared.
    Has anyone had a decision made from dwp for pip without a tribunal hearing, as I was waiting for a date in November 2018 but today got a letter from dwp saying they got all the information required and will write to me with a decision. I also have some more evidence and not sure who to send it too.
    Has anyone just 3 months prior to the tribunal for pip have had dwp write to say a decision will be made soon. Why am I being refused a tribunal hearing.
    Will it mean bad news if dwp have said they got all the information required and will be making a decision soon. I'm worried my voice will not be heard at the tribunal.
    Sorry guys for all the questions but can I still request a tribunal hearing for pip.
    If you have actually appealed and then sent in extra evidence then DWP can review their decision; change it and lapse the appeal.
  • Lucysam25Lucysam25 Member Posts: 35 Connected
    Hi everyone a bit confused how long do i say how far  i a can walk from getting up from my chair in the living room to the passage to front door stepping out of the door to  witch is about four steps with my walking stick to the car please help i can't walk any further  confused 
    Just describe it in full.
    Thanks mikehughes, I did send more support to the courts. I rang dwp yesterday and said I may supply more evidence so they made a note on the system, now thinking this may delay the decision a bit more now. Why does the dwp have to butt in I thought I was having a appeal heard in around October November time this year.
    Can i still ask for a tribunal hearing then.
  • bizzielizziebizzielizzie Member Posts: 11 Connected
    My husband got his stopped last year , we had a court date for 17th last m9nth , they cancelled it and put it back another ten weeks , My husband has suffered so much and they don't seem to care ,good luck everyone x
    alisha22 said:
    Can i still ask for a tribunal hearing then.
    I believe i advised you on this yesterday in your other thread you made with the same questions. As i stated, if DWP offer you an award and you still decide ou think you're entitled to more then you can refuse the offer and continue with the Tribunal.

Being offered an award before the Tribunal hearing isn't a bad thing, if the award they offer you is right for you then why on earth would you want to wait for the Tribunal?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    alisha22 said:
    Thanks mikehughes, I did send more support to the courts. I rang dwp yesterday and said I may supply more evidence so they made a note on the system, now thinking this may delay the decision a bit more now. Why does the dwp have to butt in I thought I was having a appeal heard in around October November time this year.
    DWP are not butting in. It’s their decision you’re challenging so it makes no sense to argue they shouldn’t have the chance to fix it.
    If the dwp offer an award and we are happy with it, do they back pay. This is for a pip award.
    Can anyone tell me if the dwp can score you zero points twice. What I mean is at the mandatory stage I was awarded 0 points, so awaiting tribunal hearing, now dwp saying they got all information so will make a decision. I know I've asked this sort of questions before but was wondering if it's happened to anyone else and 2nd time awarded 0 points or do you think this time they are willing to offer a award of some sort.
    alisha22 said:
    If the dwp offer an award and we are happy with it, do they back pay. This is for a pip award.
    Yes from the time the original decision was made.
    I would not want dwp to win but then thinking if I was to be offered a award and turned it down then risk loosing all at the tribunal.
    Apologies to the guys who have had myself ask same old questions. Just new to this and I get all kinds of different advice.

Yes, full arrears back to the date of decision.
    Can anyone tell me if I should hold any more medical evidence for pip as dwp have said they will be making a decision soon on my pip award. Just to let you know it's just before my tribunal.
    edited August 2018
    alisha22 said:
    Can anyone tell me if I should hold any more medical evidence for pip as dwp have said they will be making a decision soon on my pip award. Just to let you know it's just before my tribunal.
    I've already answered your question a few times. My answer was there's no need to send any further evidence to DWP if they're going to offer you an award. If they don't offer you an award or the award they offer isn't right for you then you'll continue with the Tribunal.  If this happens then you'll need to send the rest of the evidence to the Tribunal to arrive no later than 10 days before the hearing.

I know it's very stressful waiting but there's really nothing you can or should do until you've heard from DWP about the award offer.

Sign in or join us to comment.