Entitlement for pip and medical evidence - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Entitlement for pip and medical evidence

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    It's your decision whether to ask for the MR or not. Most MR decisions remain the same so the likely hood of you having to take it to Tribunal is quite high. Do you have evidence to prove you should have been awarded the points that you weren't awarded? Have you had a copy of the assessment report? This will help with the MR letter, if you do because it's much more detailed than the decision letter. Either way, if you decide to ask for the MR you need to put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points. Avoiding mentioning any lies, if they were told. DWP aren't interested in any lies told in the report. Good luck and well done on your award, even if you're not 1000% happy.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Thanks for advice guys.
  • Kafoleg
    Kafoleg Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    My husband got his stopped last year , we had a court date for 17th last m9nth , they cancelled it and put it back another ten weeks , My husband has suffered so much and they don't seem to care ,good luck everyone x

Hi bizzielizzie and hi to everyone

I am just new here. I also have mobility cutting down from higher rate to standard rate and then stopped after I ask PIP to reconsidering my case as my health is change to the worst. Instead of help me more they made new decisions is stopped it all. Even obviously and visible to everyone eyes I have got a severe disabled and genuine sufferer in deed in needs of help for moving around as I has got polio as a child and being permanently suffering being paralysed for LIFE in one leg and one arm has got very weak. I have been disabled all my life and have to learn to live with it and survival now to be near 70s pensioner. I can only able walk with a supported of a Kafo leg and with a walking stick.... I have endless pain and discomfort to moving around. Every part of me seems to be fallen apart.

They stopped my allowance when I am at 70s is so shocking devastating, cruelty blow to my health. They do know my case is genuine but they don't care. Maybe their job is there to stop? Both of my PIP assessor were very polite and seemed to show kinds and sympathy with my disabled... the first assessor did given me award being cut down from a higher rate to standard rate but the last assessor decision is stopped it all. I do not understanding why we have got one Government rules but the two assessors allowed to change the last assessor decisions? 

I wanted to appeal but not so sure if it is work? We are so depending on the luck and the mood of our PIP assessors. Its not fair at all.

I wish your husband the very best of luck. I am looking forward to hear how is your husband appeal.

Take care 

• bizzielizzie
    bizzielizzie Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Thank you so much , I really feel for you , I will let you know how it goes xx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Kafoleg said:

I am just new here. I also have mobility cutting down from higher rate to standard rate and then stopped after I ask PIP to reconsidering my case as my health is change to the worst. Instead of help me more they made new decisions is stopped it all. Even obviously and visible to everyone eyes I have got a severe disabled and genuine sufferer in deed in needs of help for moving around as I has got polio as a child and being permanently suffering being paralysed for LIFE in one leg and one arm has got very weak. I have been disabled all my life and have to learn to live with it and survival now to be near 70s pensioner. I can only able walk with a supported of a Kafo leg and with a walking stick.... I have endless pain and discomfort to moving around. Every part of me seems to be fallen apart.

They stopped my allowance when I am at 70s is so shocking devastating, cruelty blow to my health. They do know my case is genuine but they don't care. Maybe their job is there to stop? Both of my PIP assessor were very polite and seemed to show kinds and sympathy with my disabled... the first assessor did given me award being cut down from a higher rate to standard rate but the last assessor decision is stopped it all. I do not understanding why we have got one Government rules but the two assessors allowed to change the last assessor decisions? 

I wanted to appeal but not so sure if it is work? We are so depending on the luck and the mood of our PIP assessors. Its not fair at all.

I wish your husband the very best of luck. I am looking forward to hear how is your husband appeal.

Take care 

I feel for you. I too am 70 and after 5 years of claiming PIP (previously DLA) I gave up simply because they want to re-assess me every two years and after every assessment all of my PIP is taken from me only to find that for the first two times that it happened I managed to get it back up to Enhanced Care & Mobility. The third time they refused to give me anything after a MR.

I just couldn't stand the fight anymore.
  • Kafoleg
    Kafoleg Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Yadnad Posts: 926Member Chatterbox
    Kafoleg said:

Take care 

I feel for you. I too am 70 and after 5 years of claiming PIP (previously DLA) I gave up simply because they want to re-assess me every two years and after every assessment all of my PIP is taken from me only to find that for the first two times that it happened I managed to get it back up to Enhanced Care & Mobility. The third time they refused to give me anything after a MR.

I just couldn't stand the fight anymore.
    Thank to your kind reply to my post. Nice to meet you xx. I thank you so much for  having you to sharing my thought of pain and sadden feeling of being disabled. I could only share my problems with the people who is in the same Boat with me. 

Thanks so much for this site so welcome us Disabled peoples to join in here to meet and talk to someone who is care or are on the same Boat of Pain & Disabled like me. Having disable is not a choice and we feel so isolated and we are suffering in silent to keep us to have some dignity. Being holding in your pain with thin my self and suffering in silent and to have a brave face to smiling to the world is very much hurting me inside ...But I would not do to make other to feel sorry or pity on me. Even when I going to have PIP assessment I still trying my best to looking my best for my dignity.

I feel I would not make an appeal to tribunal ...as I have been through so much already... I just gave up. But I am wishing well to everyone the best of luck for your claim or appeal and maybe you are in some luck to meet a honest and kind assessors who's is care to supporting & to help the disabled people. 
    Good luck everyone!
  • alisha22
    Hello can someone let me know if I'm esa support group and I believe my reassessment will be in March 2019, do I have to attend and go through the same procedure as before. I've had recently been awarded pip after dwp changed their minds just before an appeal hearing. My symptoms and health problems are pretty much the same, but I know esa are difficult people and don't know if I can go through it all again.Also when they say my assessment is in March 2019, is it precise or are they delays.
  • poppy123456
    alisha22 said:
    Hello can someone let me know if I'm esa support group and I believe my reassessment will be in March 2019, do I have to attend and go through the same procedure as before. I've had recently been awarded pip after dwp changed their minds just before an appeal hearing. My symptoms and health problems are pretty much the same, but I know esa are difficult people and don't know if I can go through it all again.Also when they say my assessment is in March 2019, is it precise or are they delays.
    Hi,
    They can re-assess you at anytime for ESA, it could be less time or more time. I've always gone over the time stated. When the time comes you will be sent another ESA50 form which must be filled in an returned by the date stated on the letter, along with all your evidence. From that they will decide if another face 2 face assessment is needed and most people have them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • alisha22
    When dwp changed their minds  for pip and admitted I was entitled to the standard rate of pip, then surely esa can see that. I am aware that there are two different benefits but if dwp made the decision after sending further evidence I'm sure it's on the system. Sorry if I'm asking confusing questions.
  • poppy123456
    No because they're different benefits awarded for different reasons.
  • alisha22
    If you in the support group for esa what are your chance of being on support group again. I suppose it depends on the evidence and if health remains the same. Can I use same evidence I used for pip.
  • poppy123456
    It depends on how you fill the form out and how much information you put down about your condition, the evidence you send. It's also worth knowing the reasons you were placed into the support group.

• alisha22
    does anyone know when you are reassessed for the esa support group do they call you exactly when for example my 18months will be up in March 2019,is that when they call you or are they usually delayed. I read in some posts that it could take up to a year before you are reassessed and so on. Sorry if my message don't make sense.
  • poppy123456
    alisha22 said:
    does anyone know when you are reassessed for the esa support group do they call you exactly when for example my 18months will be up in March 2019,is that when they call you or are they usually delayed. I read in some posts that it could take up to a year before you are reassessed and so on. Sorry if my message don't make sense.
    They can re-assess you at anytime for ESA. Some have less time, some go over the time. There's no way of knowing until the ESA50 form comes through your letter box.
  • alisha22
    Thanks poppy, so once the form arrives you just fill it in with copies of evidence and wait for them to call you in for a f2f I take it.
  • poppy123456
    Yes but they won't call you, they will send an appointment letter, if an assessment is needed and most have them.
  • alisha22
    For esa reassessment can you send same evidence I sent for pip, or do we need fresh evidence as my assessment they said is in March 2019 and my letters from hospital etc are from 2018.
  • alisha22
    Hi guys and gals, just want to know if I can find out why and the reasons I was placed in the esa support group. Do I need to ring dwp and if they would tell me over the phone. I don't like ringing the dwp as they start asking other questions etc etc.
  • poppy123456
    You would need to ring DWP yes. If they won't tell you then ask for a copy of your last assessment report.
  • alisha22
    Hi all, spoke to dwp and asked what reason I was put into the esa support group, they started saying am I not happy etc etc and only people who are in the wrag group question this not support group people. The guy was so annoying, when I asked for the assessors report  the guy said I can send you the medical report. I was so angry as it took almost 40 minutes to get this guy to send the assessor's report so eventually he said he will, it seemed I had asked him for his years salary or something.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.