What can I claim? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What can I claim?

Options
Chinqupark
Chinqupark Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2018 in Start here and say hello!
I am 81 years old. My partner (78) has been caring for me without any help from anyone, since 1995, when I was declared medically unfit from the Merchant Marine. I am now at the end of my tether

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Chinqupark and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that this has been going on so long without support. If you can be a little clearer about what you are looking for we will try and help you find the solution.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Chinqupark
    Chinqupark Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    In talking to people in the kind of predicament I am in, there is supposed to be benefits ( if you could call it that ) in being disabled. I would dearly love to go and claim something, but what, where, and for which?
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Chinqupark a good place to start would be to check what benefits you might be entitled to. You can do this at https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.