Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi folks, I assist/deal with my sons affairs etc.He has just received his decision letter and failed to get PIP. Assessor did not ask how tasks affected him and lied on a number of issues.One of main reasons for not scoring points was DWP state that as he works and his job according to them involves complex decisions (it is more about accuracy and speed) and he obtained a degree 4 years ago he is competent for tasks he is not. He has not worked now for almost 6 months due to his illness and is on SSP. How is it possible for your ability in the past to override current state? will be preparing MR for him so any advice please.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 133 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.1K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.