KaleidoScope: Our own gallery for members' art work, crafts and photographs. - Page 57 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

KaleidoScope: Our own gallery for members' art work, crafts and photographs.

Options

Comments

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,857 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Rin1472 nice painting! and @Neets very nice job
  • Neets
    Neets Community member Posts: 93 Pioneering
    Options
    @Teddybear12. Let me know how the tests go hun your in my thoughts bless
  • Neets
    Options

Thank you @Grinchy. Hope your good speak soon 
  • Neets
    Options
    Heya @Rin1472 so I’ve been having a play around with the mechanical butterfly suggestion, unsuccessfully 🤣🤣🤣, really like the idea. In the meantime I’ve been finishing off a piece, (magnifying an eye). This then lead me to draw an abstract piece. Which has given me a better idea of creating the butterfly drawing 

thank you for connecting with me cheers 

This is the one that has given me some ideas

Magnifying eye

• Rin1472
    Rin1472 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    Neets said:
    Heya @Rin1472 so I’ve been having a play around with the mechanical butterfly suggestion, unsuccessfully 🤣🤣🤣, really like the idea. In the meantime I’ve been finishing off a piece, (magnifying an eye). This then lead me to draw an abstract piece. Which has given me a better idea of creating the butterfly drawing 

Magnifying eye

Wow. The magnifying eye one actually looks like it’s staring at me. Eyes and faces are the things I’m worst at drawing. Yours are amazing. 
  • Neets
    Options
    Rin1472 said:
    Neets said:

Magnifying eye

Wow. The magnifying eye one actually looks like it’s staring at me. Eyes and faces are the things I’m worst at drawing. Yours are amazing. 
    Oh thank you so much art has given me hope a belonging, you know. Still have to learn about eye lashes lol

Your words are most kind. And thank you for sharing 
  • Neets
    Options
    Wow and wow. This is incredible. I love your explanation too. I just wouldn’t know where to begin. The detail of the grass! The headstone with the little butterfly perched on the side. Just beautiful my dear.  

Rin1472 said:
    I was visiting my dads memorial recently, and the graveyard has a really atmospheric Victorian section that’s overgrown and falling down. A butterfly landed on one of the stones, so I painted that. It felt like a really interesting contrast between life and death. 

• Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    Gorgeous work posted on here, love them.
  • Neets
    Options
  • Karen7788
    Options
    I’m doing ok thank you @Neets. Had a bad few days but much better today. Hope you are ok too. 
  • Neets
    Options
    @Karen7788 glad ur having a better day. What was causing you to have a bad few days. A bit of a exhausting day but just resting finally. 
  • Karen7788
    Options
    Hi @Neets, I have RA and have had a really bad flare in my shoulder and wrist for the past 5 days, so I’ve not slept well because the pain was so bad. It’s been easing off today though, which is good. The lethargy has been a bit of a pain too, no energy whatsoever. 
    Have a lovely relaxing evening tonight 😊
  • Neets
    Options
    @Karen7788 Thank you for sharing you have a good evening too. 
  • Karen7788
    Options
  • Karen7788
    Options
    I’ve just made this for my youngest son’s partner, it’s for supporting the Women’s England football. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What a great knit @Karen7788 I'm sure they'll love it!

How long have you been a knitter? :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Karen7788
    Options
    Hi @Alex_Scope, I started during the first lockdown as I couldn’t go out, it kept me pretty relaxed and quite sane. My son’s partner is a primary school teacher and was encouraging the girls in class to take up sports, so I knitted this for her to wear at school when cheering on the women’ football England team. All her friends want one for The World Cup later this year. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's lovely! I'm glad you've found something so positive to spend time doing, all as a result of the lockdown :)

It's great to hear young girls being encouraged to get into sports too, so they should.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Options
    Karen7788 said:
    I’ve just made this for my youngest son’s partner, it’s for supporting the Women’s England football. 
    WOW! You're very clever @Karren7788 It must have taken you many hours to create...

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.