PIP - zero points - how many of us? - Page 9 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - zero points - how many of us?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello every body I had a lovely time reading all the arguments and points put across.  I like a lot of the comments.  I do think some points need to be raised.

First thing is anybody who is interested in the political side of the benefits system needs for their own interest go to either

Disability News  also works and benefits.  If love heated debates this is for you.

Lots of stuff and interesting facts.  The real inside story.

I can I also add the rules regarding motobility.  You can one option is to still lease or buy your car from the dealership if PIP fails as  I quote.

The scheme will offer customers an opportunity to lease or buy their car at the end of the agreement.  The payments that would have received to Motobility paid.

Can be paid towards purchase price.  So if I lease a car the I do know that if I say to motobility got a certain amount of money to purchase the car.  Are they going to turn me down.  According to one of the dealerships and car manufacturers.  Options are set in place for this to happen.  These companies want business.  They are not happy with PIP changes.

Having some time ago a telesales guy from one of the car manufacturers rang me up.  Talking about new models.  Told him what is happening.  Not happy at all.  You see they are a business and do well from the scheme.  With agreements between dealerships and them.

Need a car so my current car is that going back to dealer or could I make an offer.  Only if contacting dealer and with agreement motobility.

Found this out.  If you do you research you find out stuff.  Some car manufacturers will do a deal if you have our favourite chestnut the blue badge.

Please every body do your research.  Loads of deals out there. Check it out.  Got pack a week ago still looking around.

The other points are a concern for me.  The unnecessary views and opinions of who decides to live or die on PIP.  All of us should just pause for a moment yes the struggle and the way it is delivered is laid out for every body.

We should be supporting each other and helping each other to fight. The start of every view and opinion ends with us all back biting each other.  Some have raised valid points.  Others not so.  It is the Government position now that it is costing too much.  Certain people in certain groups are being dealt a heavy blow.  I do feel for them and understand their plight.

I have also seen people who may not qualify now for PIP.  The old system of DLA did upset me because of inequality.  This is still happening now.  So what do we do as a society group of people.

I have always had the fear and dread of assessments and will continue to do so.  Government committees have sat have ordered changes.  It is up to us to them through.

One very final point why all this argument and views and opinions on diabetes.

Any aspect of diabetes is troubling and upsetting.  Yet I do understand the obesity problem.  Having been declared obese with my addiction.  Yes Ladies and Gentlemen it does that for you.  Constant alcohol and the need to eat all the wrong things.  Whole packs of beef burgers more junk food..  Big boxes crunchy nut cornflakes two a week.

I decide to once I got off went from 15 stone plus down to 7.  Looked at some thing I could change.  What could I eat.  The Medittereanean Diet cheap on the pocket lots of fruit and veg, nuts  Not much meat and good fish which is inexpensive. Lots of grains, pulses pasta and the spices and herbs.

Here are am a steady weight and it is staying off.

Went to well being groups and got qualifications.  Learn about food .  Listen and be educated.

I agree some people have problems with genetics well give this a try.

I have saved loads of money.  Need for weight watchers no way.

I recall just recently went to a new group of people.  Got a guy in all the group disappeared week after week.  I was only one left.  Because all were not interested.  This is the big issue.

I admit have a fry ups and do sausages but they is a way to do it.  Just now and again.  Sensible eating and planning.  Plus the most important thing is time.  Time to eat take it slowly.  I had evening meal last night. Sea bass couscous salad.  Eat the first course in spate of over half hour.  Relaxed then fruit and yoghurt or cheeses and nuts.  With bread.  Hour plus.. 

You all know if you go to Spain and Italy .  Why there eat late.  Reason is they do not have much breakfast and work early so breakfast is light rolls fruit or nuts then around 11 am comes a light bite.  Lunch light and evening meal around 10 pm or later.  Serve salads and bread and lots of fruit and vegetables.  Pulses beans.  Fats are olive oils and not much diary.  Either cheese or yoghurt..

You can train your body to eat.  You eat with your brain and mouth not stomach.  Use bowls not plates.  Bowls like portion control.  I use fork and spoon.

If I can do it so can you all.  You can buy books why buy I am giving free advice.

Here ended the lesson.

By the way loads of people are making money from this Paleo diet so be aware.

Same as I am on the Med diet.  Hopefully more fabulous recipes coming.

Stand by your beds hold on.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Salamka101
    Salamka101 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    @Username_removed

Some of us have strong opinions as to how well or badly PiP  is working. The Jury is very much still out on that. In my opinion PiP chose the wrong individuals to penalise, people like myself with very limited walking ability but capable of and willing to work for their living and contribute to the Tax take. I did that for 40 years  ,a small investment reaping a large return. In all those years I did not claim any other benefits, not even the daily living component of DLA. I think a wise government would look again at the 75,000 disabled people who have lost their right to higher rate mobility and decide to what extent all or any proportion of these are employable and might also be a nett tax and NI contributor. Based on the outcome of this investigation it would be easy to rectify this issue simply by reducing the level needed to qualify under PiP from 12 points to 10 or even 8.

I think the fact that every one of the 75,000 were willing to give up an income of £220 every 4 weeks, welcome in any household, for mobility suggests they are or were willing to work and earn. What do others think?

Salamka101
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Salamka101,
    Iv been quietly reading this discussion and my opinion is that it not easy to bluff the assessment, tribunal etc if your not entitled to the benefit.
    i personally would swap places with anyone who wants this living hell for me to be mentally well enough to go back to work. 
    I worked for 30 years and paid into the system like every working person.
    Then I needed something back from the government!, 
    I was so ashamed, felt guilty for not being able to work and claim ESA and PIP.
    I have just had to go to a tribunal for PIP, they reduced the daily living from enhanced to standard.
    Im sure anyone who goes through the various, mentally and physically draining process to survive would rather be working.

Its just my own opinion.

Susan
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    Victoriad said:
    As I have said before it does seem strange and I wonder if it’s better to have an advocate or a social worker to assist people through the process.
    Which becomes a problem when social services are utterly useless (having had dealing with both their sensory and learning disability departments) and the local benefits centre are awful.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    @susan48 I agree with you here to, I used to work self employed for over 40 years paid mega amounts Tax NIN etc into this system, and because now fallen on hard times and can't do nothing about it I even now feel guilty as hell because having to claim some of what I paid in. Breaking it down it would take in access of 60 plus years to get back anywhere near what I paid in I'd be lucky to live another 10.

I hate this as much as The genuine disabled people, but assessment after assessment is darn degrading to say the least.

I will just be glad when all the worrying is over and I can be free.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• susan48
    Options
    Governments A Joke
    I am with you 100%, and that how I feel.
    Its as you say, degrading, but we all have bills and need help and support from others to live .
    I myself have dark times, it’s so difficult to express in words but I think at time it would be better for everyone if I just went to sleep forever.
    that would save the government paying my benefits 

edited March 2018
    Options
    susan48 said:
    Governments A Joke
    I am with you 100%, and that how I feel.
    Its as you say, degrading, but we all have bills and need help and support from others to live .
    I myself have dark times, it’s so difficult to express in words but I think at time it would be better for everyone if I just went to sleep forever.
    that would save the government paying my benefits 

@susan48 here, here, also to add to the above I've posted I've never relied on anyone not even my Mother or Father or anyone for a single penny in my life and because of No fault of my own I now have to be at the mercy of this horrible system I'm  way over 55 and I thought I would be set for life and still pay my own way BUT how wrong was I. Having thought I was carful with my finances and put money away for situations as such as being disabled so bad I'm drugged up most of the day 7days a week for some scroat to rob my bank account of all I had and left in this position from our dear Government? 

I never thought for one one minute from a young child to adulthood I would have to ask for help. I'm so in disgust it's a joke. Yes I though once I was free but the hospital brought me back to life. Sad.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• susan48
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Governments A Joke,
    I think your my lost twin , thinking, feeling the same.
    I too have never relied on anyone, even when my marriage collapsed, became homeless with 2 children I worked hard but when it’s time to get help back we have to fight, when really we have no fight left. 
    Thats probably why they put us through this, so they “ save money “ and we can’t fight ther3 decisions 
    I too was saved ny the hospital.
    i should have had a DNR on my file.
  • susan48
    Options
    Wildlife, well said.
    this site is for sharing experience and knowledge.
    NOT for having a go at people’s information, experience.

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I agree with @wildlife.  People give examples from their own experience to illustrate eligibility for PIP and the kinds of backgrounds that PIP claimants, and disabled people in general, have.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank-you for your comments. You can now get back to the discussion. There are far more important things to focus on. We should be kind to and support each other. We get enough unjust treatment from assessors and the DWP without dishing it out to each other as well. Bless you all, including Salamanka101
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @wildlife You are correct.  Reading this for the past few days.  It is a shame that we all can not agree with the points raised on PIP.

It is hand bags at dawn.  Silly we all need to agree and help each other.  He ain't heavy he's my brother.

I love reading everything about all the posts.  We learn from each other.

Life experience.  I admire you all for having long careers and paid up into pensions your stamp.  Fantastic, worth the knowledge and education.

What is happening now is that those like myself ageing disgracefully.   Is the future of PIP, what is the benefit of refusing PIP.  If I am of an age told to work, too old to care for myself.  Who and how is that going to help.

Las year five of us like around my age in a room.  With all of us mentally scarred and physically drained of this round about.  Where will it end.  All of us given no direction or assistance in to future plans.  Some thing wrong is there not.

I have fairweather friends no family no siblings no contacts, no social support, no care system.. Ringing me at late at night.  A kindly old soul to listen.. Can not cope any of them.

Mobile going mad because a fair weather friend been told if want help.  Give some friend a ring they will help you.  Councils cash broke.  If you read the webpages.  Even find friends to move in with.

Hang is that what PIP is all about.  No money share each others and pay the consequences.

Take care
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Salamka101
    Salamka101 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    @wildlife
    Think we got a crossed line somehow. The  3 lines referred to were the first 3 lines of a post sent  to you at 2:40 today not any post of yours. Take a look back and you will ill see.
    Soz for the misunderstanding.
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Personally reading through all this thread i certainly believe with tempers rising and people getting upset i think this thread is done and now gone way way off topic.

@susan48 we could well be twins. :):)
    You take take and look after your babies.

⬇️

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    People have lost their mobility cars as a result from moving from DLA to PIP. On the TVs and different fourms people who have complained or moaned about having to give their cars back I don't recall any saying I can't get to or go to work now. It was for most a free acess to a new car every three years which allowed them to go shopping, holidays, visiting family and friends. We have all seen people park in a disabled bay and walk off without no visable disability, and we all know that every disability is not visible form our own conditions. While yourselves are out shopping riding your scooters ect you recognise the persons having walked unaided many hundreds of yards from the parking bay. 
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your contributions. I'm going to close this discussion to further comments. If you'd like to continue talking about PIP, please feel free to start a new thread.

Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them. 

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.