Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Proof of disability and help in the home
Hello. I have a mental disability that doesn’t affect me in terms of getting around etc but it does affect my life significantly. For instance I might need to use the toilet ASAP if I’m having a panic attack, or I become frightened of crowds etc. How can I get registered as disabled but I don’t necessarily need a blue badge etc. I’m not good with people sometimes and can get overly emotional. It would be useful to have something to show them as you can’t see my disability. Has anyone else had a similar experience and is there any help I can get in the home?
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.