assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

assessment

Toffee
Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
had my assessment today was awful woman was fast did not want us to talk she was not interested just had her questions she wanted to ask .told my sister no we do not  need to talk about that and carried on with her questions ,preparing food ,bathing washing bills and medication ,brief talk on my conditions, this  is my third one now she was the worse the physical was a joke a high bed and a high step i told her i would try ,but stopped i told her it hurt and i can not do it , she said just try felt like i had no choice .could not wait to get out off there all over in 1 hour ,am not hopeful. anybody else experienced this  ?     

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Toffee

Your story is not uncommon, give it a couple of days and then ask for a copy of the assessment report

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Toffee
    Hi and thank you CR 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Toffee, hello when and if you get your accessment report as I have been told DWP are stopping sending them out till the award letter has been sent, but this could be some cases only. At the end of the report your award scoring is listed so you will be able to work out what your award may should be. Plus having the report you can see where the accessor has made false assumptions and reported inaccurate details about your conditions and abilities. So you if the information to start and prepare for a MR if needed, good luck keep posting updates.
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    @wilko that's interesting! I had that happen to me. I asked for my report in my letter asking for a MR. (13th Feb)

They didn't send it. I called on 15th March as I received the MR notice without it! Finally got ut on the 19th March
  • CockneyRebel
    PIP assessment reports are best requested within a 2-4 days of the assessment.
    Getting it as early as possible may give you a chance to talk to a DM about any concerns before the decision is made.

As most letters from DWP take 10-12 days to arrive, to wait for it before requesting an MR can mean a bit of time juggling. If you request it at the same time as MR it will probably be to late

NI are telling people that the report cannot be sent before the decision

Esa reports are seldom sent before the decision is made

CR
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Why are they asking people to step up onto something when the mobility is only flat ground?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Toffee
    Thank you all very much I will ask for my report, the step was high I would say it was about the hight off a normal stair plus half again whistles 
  • Toffee
    Hi was just wondering at what stage do pip ask for your medical records please? 
  • Toffee
    Oh that's not good thank you lilybelle 
  • Toffee
    Just received a text measage from DWP saying they got my assessor report will ring today and ask for a copy said it can take up to 4 weeks got my esa interview today dreading it 
  • Markinsutton
    Markinsutton Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Good luck, the whole experience isn't nice and the anxiety is enough to make anyone ill. The one thing that kept me going is knowing that I am not the only person experiencing this and whatever happens happens and you can deal with it when it does. I know it doesn't make it any easier.. keep us posted. 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Toffee said:
    Thank you all very much I will ask for my report, the step was high I would say it was about the hight off a normal stair plus half again whistles 
    Do they make their own rules. It said on my forms stairs were outside the help of pip.
    So why ask you to step up onto something that they supposedly can't score for?
    Unless it's coordination? 
    I can trip up kerbs, they don't include those.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Toffee
    Yes I am starting to think that will keep you posted esa assessment was a nicer person but very much the same questions 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Same happened to me had a very pushy assessor who made myself and my daughter very uncomfortable. I was pushed to do activities that i could not do. I have done a MR i feel annoyed at the way they treat people.
  • Toffee
    And me it is so wrong what's a MR please lindiadenise have you heard from yours yet please wondering how long it's takes and dose it take the 4 weeks they say 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Mandatory Reconsideration is when you disgree with the decision it has to be in within 4 weeks of decision letter date. I have not heard anything yet.
  • Toffee
    Thank you lindiadenise and the best off luck for you 
  • Henry
    Henry Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Cockyrebel.    I  phoned twice.   I was told  that they do nor release assess  reort.  Until  a decision  is  made. 
    They  now  have it set up   the telephone line   us engaged   all  the time...  I tried to phone again on 23. 03. 18.
    Does  the  law    not state    that one  can   request  and get the report  right away  ?
  • CockneyRebel
    Most of the phone jockeys are poorly trained at best and will tell you anything to get you off the phone

PIP reports should be available shortly after assessment, I am unaware of any change
    However NI commonly telling people that the report will not be sent before the decision is made ( little use by then )

ESA reports are not generally sent before decision

CR
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    I received a text message from DWP on Wednesday to say they had got the report and would make a decision in around 4 weeks, no need for me to contact them. 
    I rang and asked for a copy but was also told I would have to wait until a decision was made because often a decision maker will need time to clarify things with the assessor first and the report may need to be altered.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.