assessment - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

assessment

Options

Comments

• dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    Options
    @sandyp196 the person who assessed you for 10 points on your mobility is qualified to do so this is why you was seen by a qualified assesser, The DM is not qualified push for the 10 back you was given .
  • babscollier1
    babscollier1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I was the same i was awarded the low rate even tho i have depression and arthritis right through me more less i would appeal against it they cant take you off one of the benefit they awarded fight for the 10 points i got a form too be assessed im going too get all the imformation i can get off the doctor 
  • Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Options
    My appointment today at jobcentre plus... All this stress because off one person opinion. The system we all live in is a utter joke... How and why they get away with this beats me . Its making me ill stress stress n more stress 
  • Tigermoth42
    Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    Options
    Wishing you lots and lots of good luck @Toffee, let me know how you get on. I agree with you, so much more stress than is necessary all because someone who’s never met you forms an opinion based on someone who’s met you for a hour tops! It’s a joke! 
  • Toffee
    Options
    Thank you tigermoth42
    And yes I will ps
    My esa was 20 mins long even worse 
    Enjoy your day lovely xx
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    Good luck @Toffee i really wish you lots of luck.
  • Tigermoth42
    Options
    Honestly @Toffee it’s flipping ridiculous! Just so unfair that the people who need the most help get the worst treatment. Take care sweetie xxx
  • Toffee
    Options
    Thank you lindiadenise xx
  • Toffee
    Options
    Thank you tigermoth42 xx
  • Toffee
    Options
    Well went all the way there man was lovely said I should not off been sent there  should off been told to ring income support.. So will do tomorrow. I will ring the number he gave me 
  • Toffee
    Options
    Just went on entitledto. Co. UK good site information on all benefits in your area.. Uc
  • Tigermoth42
    Options
    So happy it went ok @Toffee even tho you shouldn’t have been sent there in the first place. I’ll look at the website you recommend. Had my fortnightly meeting at the drug and alcohol support place this afternoon, I go for morphine/codeine addiction, and they were so supportive. They want me to go weekly if I can to get the support and a safe place to talk. And the sun was shining today! xx
  • Toffee
    Options
    Awww well done lovely happy for you.. Well they say the sun is going to shine tomorrow and sun is good for lifting your mood so I hope u av a nice day and thank you xx
  • Toffee
    Options
    Well rang income support..and he totally confused me and half way through he cut me off.. So none off the wiser I need a break from all this stress when will it end.. Leaving it for today I will ring again tomorrow 
  • lindadenise
    Options
    I feel for you @Toffee its horrendous same happened to me a few years ago, i thought i was going nuts.
    I ended up applying for jobseekers as advised then they overturned my decision it was really stressful upsetting to be honest made me ill.
    Good luck keep us posted.
  • Tigermoth42
    Options
    Oh @Toffee what a nightmare you’re having my lovely. Is there anything I can do to help? Are you on benefits at the moment and what ones are you trying to sort out. Sending you hugs xx
  • Toffee
    Options
    Thank you tigermoth42 income support job centre said yesterday. As I care for my daughter to to be honest we care for each other I get care allowance so I have a little bit and 57 off pip so I manage some how thank you for your kind words xx
  • Toffee
    Options
    Thank you lindiadenise for your kind words and I will hopefully be all sorted out one day xx
  • lindadenise
    Options
    I am sure you will get there in the end but so stressful in the mean time. Wishing you all the best i will let you know how i get on too x
  • Toffee
    Options
    Yes please do sorry lindiadenise I for got to ask cause am so stressed xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.