Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is SallyMartin!
New to this site! But am here, as I have had multiple sclerosis for nearly 5 years now. I had a one off bad hit, 4 months in hospital, then a wheelchair, then a stick, but no more! In fact i recently ran, walked and wheelchaired the Bristol half marathon for charity M. s research. And now am job hunting again, I took voluntary redundancy from a good globally travelling job 6 weeks before diagnosis of m.s, rather than move my then family to Puerto Rico. I have 2 young boys (8&10) and their father has left (he didn't really get what m.s. did to me!), but despite my brain condition, I can still speak 4 European languages fluently ! But can't find a job that works within school hours! Heyho onwards and upwards as said!
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 772 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.