PIP renewal form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal form

Laurastanners4
Laurastanners4 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Pip review /renewal form 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Laurastanners and welcome

How can we be of assisstance ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Laurastanners4
    Iam waiting on pip renewal form but  i have no changes to my current award ends in Dec
  • CockneyRebel
    It is usual for a PIP award to be reviewed a year in advance of the end date. Once a new decision is made it supercedes your old award from that date.

There are two types of form that you might receive
    PIP2 Form which is a renewal form
    AR1 form which is the Annual Review

PIP2 you should complete in the same way as when you first applied for PIP, comlpete with any evidence

AR1 is a short form asking if your condition is better, the same or worse.
    If your condition has remained the same then that is what your should tick giving brief details.
    If your condition is worse then that is what to tick and supply full backing evidence.

If you tick the same box you might not be called for f2f assessment but that is not guaranteed

If you tick the worse box you can expect to be called for assessment

CR
  • Laurastanners4
    I've not received any forms for renewal and my pip award ends Dec 6 2018
  • Laurastanners4
    My condition will never change. 
  • CockneyRebel
    It usually takes 16 weeks for a renewal so be prepare to bite the bullet if you haven't heard anything by August and ring them

CR
  • Laurastanners4
    I cannot cope with another tribunal it stresses me, my condition is for life,it will never change,  under the circumstances i got awarded lowest rate of pip due to not being able to travel unfamiliar distances on my own.
  • CockneyRebel
    The good thing is that now you know what is needed, filling in the form should be easier. You have also found this community and we will help you with it so don't worry

CR

• redhead53
    redhead53 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    a review results in a full assessment not just the things you pointed out are worse so its a new claim anyway
  • 18272laura
    18272laura Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Still no review forms 
  • 18272laura
    18272laura Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Sorry my letter when my pip was approved does not mention about being reviewed, it only says I will get a letter 14 weeks before award ends and I can reapply if I want. I want a review not to reapply and start the process from the start again
  • Laurastanners4
    Sorry my letter when my pip was approved does not mention about being reviewed, it only says I will get a letter 14 weeks before award ends and I can reapply if I want. I want a review not to reapply and start the process from the start again
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Some awards don't have reviews 1 year before the award is due to end. Those that don't have reviews will be contacted 3 months before the award is due to end. Mostly those that were awarded by a Tribunal will have this, rather than a review. It's basically the same because a review has to go through the same process anyway. With a review, if you're not successful and a decision doesn't go in your favour your money will stop 4 weeks after the decision. This wouldn't happen when they contact you 3 months before the award is due to end. So if you're not awarded then you would have had your money for longer.  In a way, you're better off not having the review 1 year before in my opinion.

Review forms.....don't ever be fooled by the shortened versions of the form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    My condition will never change. 
    Neither will any of mine but they still insisted that they might - hence a review every 2 years. Ironically they were right They changed my awards from Enhanced Care & Mobility to 0 points at all!!
  • Laurastanners4
    Wow that's awful 
  • Yadnad
    Wow that's awful 
    They did that three times in the past 5 years - I then gave up and didn't bother to argue the toss with them.
  • Laurastanners4
    You shouldn't give up 
  • Yadnad
    You shouldn't give up 
    The stress was making me ill and at 70 I dreaded the though of having to go through these face to face assessments every 2 years for the rest of my life.
  • Yadnad
    edited August 2018
    Mike if that question was not directed at me I apologise for butting in.
    If it was, the answer is a clear no. It should be pretty obvious to any medically qualified individual that you do not get better and the impact does not reduce with someone that has Chronic Pancreatitis. It will eventually go one of two ways. Pancreatic Cancer or pain that gets more unbearable as the years go by. Also someone with a proven back injury both at the top and the bottom of the spine will not improve either. Finally with someone that has lost 40% of brain function, who already gets a lifetime award from the DWP and has been assessed by DWP appointed doctors isn't going to re-grow the damaged parts.

The above is just a snapshot of what I put on the claim forms.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    So just to clarify, if you get awarded pip at tribunal your pip ends at the end of your award? Then you have to make a new claim? But if you get pip the usual way then it’s a renewal? I’m confused. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.