Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Can a tribunal decision be overturned by the DWP?
i was getting DLA for several years but it was stopped in November 2014 ...i applied for PIP but was turned down so i have gone through all the procedure and was finally awarded PIP by the tribunal that was over five weeks ago ..last week i spent a total of three hours being put on hold by various departments trying to get an update on my award i finally spoke to the correct department ..i was told my award was being looked at by a senior member of staff and that he would make a final decision within the next two to three weeks which led me to believe that the tribunal ruling could be overturned by the DWP instead of explaining to me that the DWP had the right to appeal.. all very confusing and de stressing.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.