Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I have had 2 assesments in the last 6 months. The reason for this is i had a slight change on the care component side thus the new assessment. Before my last assesment i was getting standaed care and enhanced mobility. I got results of my assesment on monday and they have stopped my pip completely. This has really put my depression at a low. I was getting my award for a stroke i had 2 years ago and have mobility problems since that. I dont think the accessor did me any favours as said i could walk up to 200 mtrs where i can only walk about 20mtrs agter which i need to rest. And also was a few things never mentioned. My condition has not improved in 6 months so how can they justify this. I have asked for reconsideration and have spoken to cab and will see my Dr next week.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.