Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Not hopeful anymore
when I had my PIP assessment just over 2 weeks ago, I was so nervous that I chattered inanely to my friend all the way through. Since then I have fallen apart. 11 days ago I was admitted to hospital after an ECG showed I'd had a heart attack in recent days. I'm still in hospital awaiting the organisation of a care package. I called PIP to let them know my change of circumstances but the man was rude & unhelpful. Now I feel there's little point in expecting to pass. I'm having suicidal thoughts & don't know what to do. My life is already falling apart & the crisis team will be there to meet me when I'm discharged. I feel I've been branded a liar & have no idea how I'll cope without the benefits as I'm a pensioner who has to rely on taxis, without them I'll be housebound. How do I cope from here?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 925 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.