Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Esa backdated income related and premiums
Hi Ive just joined today so thanks for having me in the site. I recieved a letter three weeks ago saying I could be entitled to backdated income related esa and premiums due to dwp's error in migrating people over from incapacity benefit to income based. I was migrated to contribution based which is inevitable that it was a mistake. I'm sure many people on here know Already and I'm sorry if it's a repeat of a similar thread as I couldn't find anything similar. To cut a long story short I filled in a form over the phone 2 weeks ago and I was told it had been passed on to the processing team. Has anyone had experiences of actually receiving any backdated money owed yet? And how long do it roughly take? I'm still waiting on my pip care component being reinstated which means I can't get my sda premiums at the moment either until that's done, as I was in respite for a while following time in Icu. They don't seem to hurry with these things but are quick enough to take any overpayment quickly. It's a disgrace they knew about this since 2013 but denied it until 2016 and only just started doing something about it. I knew I wasn't receiving the right amount and have questioned it alot in the past especially why I was on contribution based when I hadn't worked for quite a while. I've moved back to my own flat now and am struggling to make ends meet until I have my other benefits reinstated. I'd be grateful if anyone who has had success getting any backdated income based and premiums could give me and idea how long it took. Thanks for listening
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.