Esa backdated income related and premiums - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa backdated income related and premiums

Options

Comments

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Looks like I wont be waiting anywhere near the 3(5) months now after a response sent to my MP, the DWP acknowledged its been stupid with the delays and have bumped me up the list.
  • Lee123
    Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    Hi all 
    I called ESA today and was told that they are processing my backdated payments today my question is how long from when they process it will it take to reach my account I never asked
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lee123 said:
    Hi all 
    I called ESA today and was told that they are processing my backdated payments today my question is how long from when they process it will it take to reach my account I never asked
    Maybe a couple weeks but we could really only guess how long it will take. I know it's 3-4 working days from the time it's sent as payment. Hopefully it won't be too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • borobaby
    borobaby Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I've been waiting about 10 weeks still haven't heard anything about my disability premium thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    borobaby said:
    I've been waiting about 10 weeks still haven't heard anything about my disability premium thanks
    Decisions are taking between 12-20 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Decisions take several weeks. Keep calling to check on things. Eventually you will hear from them! Keep us updated as to what happens next. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Decisions take several weeks. Keep calling to check on things. Eventually you will hear from them! Keep us updated as to what happens next. 
    I'm sorry but this is not correct. Borobaby has already waited 10 weeks and as i advised in my previous comment, decision for the underpayments are currently taking between 12-20 weeks.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @borobaby, I hope you aren't waiting much longer!
    Scope

• worried33
    Options
    Ideally you at least want confirmation you in processing, then at that point you just have to wait.

The reason for my post (which was months ago now back in feb) was my evidence (statements) were not even in processing and my case was stuck in a pending state, after the MP got involved it all suddenly moved at light speed and I had my money 2 weeks after that.  

Its sad to hear tho that some people are still waiting for this as the DWP had targeted to finish this off by summer.
  • scraggs
    scraggs Community member Posts: 78 Courageous
    Options
    I got mine a week after sending form back hope you all don't have to wait a long time to get yours
  • poppy123456
    Options
    scraggs said:
    I got mine a week after sending form back hope you all don't have to wait a long time to get yours
    That's a very quick decision time for the incapacity benefit to ESA underpayments.

Or do you mean you waited a week for the SDP to be added onto your ESA?
  • scraggs
    Options
    Hi holly I'm on contribution based ESA and recently got one of those big forms to fill in for the money they owe to people mine was from 2011-2013 although I'm still on same ESA contribution support they only backpayed me those dates got 3,000 pounds back and they paid it a week after receiving my form 
  • scraggs
    Options
    I'm rather confused as I'm not getting and sdp ATM just the back pay for 2011-2013?
  • melly222
    melly222 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    I got 2,500 bk dated I rang them the nxt day was in my account...took 12 weeks from filling in form..good luck every one...this page was very helpful x
  • scraggs
    Options
    But are you now recieving the premium on your ESA?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    scraggs said:
    I'm rather confused as I'm not getting and sdp ATM just the back pay for 2011-2013?
    There's 2 disability premiums available on ESA. Enhanced disability premium is automatically received if you're in the support group claiming income related. If you're in the WRAG it's only paid if claiming either high rate care DLA or Enhanced daily living PIP.

SDP isn't automatically paid because of the criteria. To be eligible for this you must either be claiming DLA mid/high rate care or PIP daily living. No one must be claiming carers allowance for looking after you and you must live alone or be classed as living alone.

If they only assessed you between those 2 dates then that's the dates that apply to you. There could be many reasons why you weren't assessed later than 2013.
  • worried33
    Options
    since this thread is active, and we talking about DP back payments.

I rang the DWP today to see if I was awarded PIP and they said yes.

The guy then put me in the ESA call queue so I could arrange SDP, the questions were asked and form submitted internally.

However I forgot to mention about it been backdated, I was just happy that PIP was dealt with so not thinking straight.

Will they figure this out themselves and backdate SDP or is it possible I will have to prompt them to do this after they start the payments?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @worried33 great news on the PIP! regarding the SDP. Did you transfer from DLA? I can't remember. If you did then the SDP will start from when your PIP award starts. If you didn't then i would definitely ring ESA to check it's being backdated to the start of your PIP award.
  • worried33
    Options
    Its a new claim and not a transfer, and thanks. :)

I wont ring them again today will do it tomorrow.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope you were able to get through to them yesterday @worried33. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.