Hi, my name is Kimb4! - Sailing Taster Day at Bewl Water, Kent
I am a trustee for Hilary's Dream Trust (a sailing charity) and we are holding a sailing taster day for adults who are disabled and/or socially/financially disadvantaged with the aim of encouraging confidence, life skills, pushing the boundaries, supporting recovery and resilience. Our aim is to have a fun day for the participant and his/her friends/family to socialise together whilst the participant goes sailing. The date and venue of the event is Saturday 1st September at Bewl Water, which is on the Kent/Sussex border.
We are limited to 20 people who want to sail on the day but if it is successful we plan to hold another taster day next year.
If you are interested please feel free to contact me and I will email you our flyer about the day and we can take it from there.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments