Hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
Sheldylou
Sheldylou Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello I  am a newbie. 
I joined to find help and advice. I have Fibromyalgia, general anxiety disorder and depression. I work for the NHS and I'm struggling but I feel trapped as I can't afford to give up work and couldn't face the process of applying for benefits. It just gets you down sometimes. Moan over!  Look forward to chatting 

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Sheldylou, welcome to the community!

It's great to have you join, although I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling. Would you be able to ask for adjustment at work that would help you?

Please do get in touch if you have any questions or if there's anything we can support you with :)
  • gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Sheldylou Welcome to the Scope community and sorry to hear about your situation. 
    I understand that the NHS can be a sod to work for sometimes because i've worked for them myself but I think someone in your circumstances (depending on how bad they are of course) should consider maybe staying with them and maybe  changing departments or consider finding another job, The reason I say this is it can get boring at home without a job and the last thing you want is to sit there thinking of things you don't want to.
    Please feel free to contact us again if you have any more problems.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @Sheldylou!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.