Hi, my name is Apri54! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Apri54!

Apri54
Apri54 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I am new but have visited the Scope page and received advice from the Scope team before. 
I am starting to accept my new situation after 15 months. 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Apri54 and a warm welcome to the community! It is lovely to hear that you have received advice from scope before. Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?

There are many different discussion boards so feel free to have a look around and contribute :)
    Scope

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Apri54 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Glad to hear from you and the support you have received from SCOPE.  Hope you were happy and got he information advice you needed.

Anything the community can advise on please ask.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Apri54
    Apri54 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi This is odd as I am used to introducing myself pre-disability. Or maybe that is not odd here! So.. I am middling in age well over 21 but not yet 50!
     I have a supportive family. I have been struggling to accept that I may not be able to do the things I did, but that is nearly OK. 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Coming to terms with disability can be a long process and it is okay to find this a difficult one. Why not have a look at discussions for something that is similar, or even start your own? 

I hope you find this a supportive place and benefit from using the community :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.