Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP question, leaving the home.
Hi, I went from DLA to PIP over a year ago .... I never leave the house and was awarded :-
(e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant.)
I got extra points for walking ....
I am getting older now and my health is getting bad, and my fear of something going wrong and not being able to get to a doctors is frightening me. I am totally alone, I have no friends or family in the area I live.
I am considering buying a car just in case and taking it for a run each week to keep the battery topped up (I have everything delivered)
Will this effect my award?
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.