If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Oliver’s tragic avoidable death- please sign the petition

Options
paulamc007
paulamc007 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
ht Hi, I’m hoping you can help me. My son Oliver died as a result of NHS staff not having autism and learning disability training. Oliver had an acquired brain injury as a result of meningitis. I’m campaigning to make autism training compulsory for NHS staff so that there isn’t any further needless deaths. Could I please put a post on your group promoting my petition? I believe it is relevant to the members of your group and I’d really appreciate your support in helping to get to 100,000 signatures so that the Government will debate it. We currently have almost 22,000 signatures Many thanks in advance. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/221033 tps://petition.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,790 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss @paulamc007, and thank you for sharing this with us. 
  • paulamc007
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss @paulamc007, and thank you for sharing this with us. 
    Pippa could you please sign Oliver’s petitionhttps://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/221033
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Options
    Already signed, @paulamc007
  • paulamc007
    Options
    Thankyou so much. Did you manage to get your email to verify your signature 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Options
    Yes, all done and confirmed @paulamc007- wishing you all the best with it!
  • paulamc007
    Options
    Thankyou 
  • jaycee6
    jaycee6 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Options
    Hi first so sorry for your loss  ,Such a lovely lad ,I have now signed your petition,Have you thought of sending letters to special needs schools to get their parents to sign. Im sure a lot would.
  • paulamc007
    Options
    Thankyou I find the schools won’t do this which is heartbreaking 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,581 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really sorry to hear this @paulamc007 and I wish you the very best of luck with the campaign. I have signed this for you.
    Please do keep the community updated and we are all behind you.
    Scope

• paulamc007
    Options
    Thankyou Chloë. Did you manage to get your email to verify your signature it often gets sent to your junk mail 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,581 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes I did, thanks @paulamc007

Scope

• paulamc007
    Options
    Xx
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.