Have you ever found yourself without something that you really need? Skiggle could help!
Hello, my name is Christine.
I am a busy mum of three children, the eldest of whom is profoundly disabled and who is the inspiration behind the creation of Skiggle (www.skiggle.co.uk)
SEND AN SOS TO OUR SKIGGLE COMMUNITY
Do you need a place to trade unwanted items?
SKIGGLE’S MARKETPLACE COULD BE YOUR IDEAL PLATFORM
JOIN OUR NATIONWIDE COMMUNITY AND REGISTER FOR FREE TODAY!
Don’t worry where you are in the UK, Skiggle could help!
Our primary goal is to create a FREE mutual support network for parents, carers, individuals and families to provide each other with practical help.
This is achieved through the creation of a free to use, online SOS solution system for care-based essentials where members can request immediate assistance in unforeseen circumstances (that may arise when out on day excursions, or on holiday). Many of the individuals who come into contact with disabilities have a significant store of what can be described as consumables (such as feeding accessories and continence products) AND have also been in a situation where a vital consumable is missing. The idea is to create a network of individuals willing to help others by providing missing consumables, free of charge, from their own (surplus) stock, in times of need.
The site also has a marketplace feature where users can donate or buy/sell items relating to multiple disabilities. Access to the marketplace is free.
We are also on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SkiggleUK/), where we have a Support, Chat and Share group. This group will allow members of the Skiggle community to ask each other for advice and support when needed, recommend products, ask about services, or just to have a general chat about anything.
Skiggle is not-for-profit (while revenue is generated through fundraising and sponsorship, my team and I do not make any money from the site) and is all about SHARING IN TIMES OF NEED.
We would love to hear from you and for you to join our ever growing community.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments