Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is adymarsh!

adymarshadymarsh Member Posts: 1 Listener
My son has just moved in with me. I'm claiming ESA and am in the support group. I also get the Severe disability premium and high rates in mobility and care in P. I. P.  I've been told I need to claim Universal credit for my son instead of tax credits and child benefit  However I've also read that if I'm in receipt of the severe disability premium that I'm not entitled to claim U. C. I'll enclose the evidence  regarding this. Any help would be gratefuly appreciated. 
Thanks in Advance 
Adrian Marsh x


  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @adymarsh

    Welcome to our community!

    Forgive me as I'm still learning various problems regarding benefits so I am unable to give any advice however many members of our community have a lot of knowledge and will soon be in contact to offer you their advice :)

    I just wanted you to know that your post hasn't gone unnoticed :)

    Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Richard_ScopeRichard_Scope Posts: 2,829

    Scope community team

    Hi @adymarsh

    Welcome to Scope's community! It's great to have you here.  Just to get you started we have a How To Guide here, you can see all the latest posts here, jump in and get involved and don't worry we are a friendly bunch!  
    If you need anything, just let us know. 

    Specialist Information Officer - Cerebral Palsy

    Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
Sign in or join us to comment.