Hi, my name is riversong1! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is riversong1!

Options
riversong1
riversong1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have rotting discs in my lower back Achilles tendonitis had many decompression operations .And arthritis in most of my joints on many pain relief medications but hay I still work as a home care worker as I can still walk a small distance make tea give out meds its the job that I started when I wap 18 and its caused most of my problems and I will most likely be doing this at 90 if I can still walk ?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @riversong1 Pleased to meet you welcome.  Thank you for sharing. I like your positivity.

We are a supportive community who cares and shares.

Plenty of information and advice.

Have a look at Specific Conditions and information lots of comments and debates from people like you self. Worth a look.

Ask the community anything pleased to help.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Riversong1,

Welcome to Scope's online community - it's great to have you here.

There's plenty of groups and discussions for you to get involved with. You may find our Physical/ mobility impairments category of particular interest. Also, if you have any questions, please do get in touch!

P.S. Great username! Am I right in saying that it's a Doctor Who reference? I'm a huge fan of the show! :smiley:
    Liam
  • riversong1
    riversong1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi and hello yes I will check it all out and yes its favor who related ? I am a massive fan  have life size dalek cyber man and doctor in my house , when I am at worst and feel nothing going to help me I watch doctor who to relax really any way thanks for welcome ...
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @riversong1,

Oh wow, that sounds amazing! I've always seen those competitions where you could win a life-size Dalek - they look so cool, but I'd have no idea where to put it in the house, haha!

I'm very excited for the new series with Jodie Whittaker. I think she will be superb!

You're very welcome! If you have any questions, then please don't hesitate to ask! :)
    Liam
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @riversong1

Welcome! How are you today?

Love your determination!

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.