Hi, my name is riversong1! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is riversong1!

Options
riversong1
riversong1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have rotting discs in my lower back Achilles tendonitis had many decompression operations .And arthritis in most of my joints on many pain relief medications but hay I still work as a home care worker as I can still walk a small distance make tea give out meds its the job that I started when I wap 18 and its caused most of my problems and I will most likely be doing this at 90 if I can still walk ?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @riversong1 Pleased to meet you welcome.  Thank you for sharing. I like your positivity.

We are a supportive community who cares and shares.

Plenty of information and advice.

Have a look at Specific Conditions and information lots of comments and debates from people like you self. Worth a look.

Ask the community anything pleased to help.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Riversong1,

Welcome to Scope's online community - it's great to have you here.

There's plenty of groups and discussions for you to get involved with. You may find our Physical/ mobility impairments category of particular interest. Also, if you have any questions, please do get in touch!

P.S. Great username! Am I right in saying that it's a Doctor Who reference? I'm a huge fan of the show! :smiley:
    Liam
  • riversong1
    riversong1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi and hello yes I will check it all out and yes its favor who related ? I am a massive fan  have life size dalek cyber man and doctor in my house , when I am at worst and feel nothing going to help me I watch doctor who to relax really any way thanks for welcome ...
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @riversong1,

Oh wow, that sounds amazing! I've always seen those competitions where you could win a life-size Dalek - they look so cool, but I'd have no idea where to put it in the house, haha!

I'm very excited for the new series with Jodie Whittaker. I think she will be superb!

You're very welcome! If you have any questions, then please don't hesitate to ask! :)
    Liam
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @riversong1

Welcome! How are you today?

Love your determination!

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness