If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is patandpete57!

Options
patandpete57
patandpete57 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello my name is Patricia, I live on the Isle of Wight U.K. I am 77 yrs old, my husband is nearly 88 yrs old, we have been married 61 yrs( yes I was married at 16 yrs old !!!!). We have many grandchildren and great grandchildren, who mostly live in Australia. I am my husbands carer who has a few medical problems, and he is my carer too, for my medical problems , we both get attendance allowance, mine the lower rate. I am pleased to have joined this group for any advice.we live in an Independant living flat.

Comments

• Droopy1
    Droopy1 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Hi. @patandpete57 Wow! 61yrs together. How wonderful. A large family, must be such a comfort. There are some lively people on here, lots of useful information. A warm welcome to you Patricia. ?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,790 Championing
    Options
    Hi @patandpete57, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here and to learn a little more about you both. If we can be of any assistance, just let us know! 
  • patandpete57
    Options
    Thank you for your welcome. I have osteoporosis, scoliosis, a fractured vertebrae, and suffer from ME. At my osteoporosis clinic , I have been advised to take Raloxifene tablets to help my bones, but I feel very undecided about taking them, after reading up the side effects etc;
    Has anyone on here taken them on this site, or any device please ?.
  • Droopy1
    Droopy1 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    @patandpete57 your concerns about medication, would be something to discuss with your GP. I share your concerns about side effects, any side effects are to be taken seriously, but, they dont all apply to everyone. Your GP is your best ear on this, he/she knows you. Make them walk you through your worries. 
    Xx
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,790 Championing
    Options
    Excellent advice from @Droopy1- it can be valuable to hear about others' experiences, but your GP will always be the best placed to advise. Do keep us updated and let us know what you decide!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,665 Championing
    Options
    Welcome to the community @patandpete57 :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • patandpete57
    Options
    Thank you 
  • RichardCotton
    RichardCotton Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    HI
  • patandpete57
    Options
    Hi 
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.