Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Smileygotwell!
..., well, nearly 'gotwell'! Perhaps that should read 'Smileygotbetterhtanexpected-considering'; all I can say is I've been a pretty fortunate boy, all in all, and not without much help from a lot of other people. Suffice to say, I've been 'disabled' longer now than I was 'unblemished' and have experienced numerous different health problems over the years, whilst going through re-training, employment, and now voluntary work as my abilities slowly condense. Here to share what you might find useful and maybe I'll benefit myself in some way too; greetings!
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.