Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
zero points on PIP assessment
I suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia and 6 weeks ago I had a PIP assessment. The assessor appeared to be unprepared as my wife had to help her spell and pronounce my condition. Presently I am going through a 'good' period and obviously I was assessed under that criteria. I was awarded ZERO points even though we went to pains to point out that on my bad days, which are quite regular, I am totally incapacitated and could not even attempt the scenarios in her questions. She also refused further information that I hadn't previously provided! It wasn't as though I was looking for the full benefit award, I was receiving the lower amount of mobility payment in DLA and had been receiving that payment since 2006. I've challenged her assessment but don't hold out much hope.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.