Hi, my name is Cary! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Cary!

Cary
Cary Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Fibromyalgia, IBD, arthritis, MCS and plenty more.  South Hams based. 

Comments

• Dmb1975
    Dmb1975 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    edited September 2018

Hi Cary, 

It’s good to hear from you, I hope today is a good day for you

All the best Darren

• Cary
    Hi Darren,

Thanks for your message.   Not too bad a day today, have managed to visit my elderly parents.   Just fed up with myself that I am not able to do more to help them (85 and 91).   Where abouts are you?   Hope all is well for you too today. 

Cary
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I have fibro too. Welcome 
  • Cary
    Thanks Debbie.   So fed up with myself being so unable to live a proper life and struggling as if it wasn't for this government changing the goal posts I would have been receiving the pension I worked for until I became so ill.   How are you doing?

cary
  • Dmb1975
    Dmb1975 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi Cary,

Let’s celebrate the positive, you have been to see your parents which is brilliant, I am sure your parents understand your situation.  

If you ever want to chat about anything just drop me a line and I will respond as soon as possible.

I appreciate how difficult life can be I still struggle coming to terms with my life, I am a forty-two year old with Cerebral palsy and associated muscle spasms, I still live at home with parents and they have to do everything for me and I worry that I am a burden.

I am aching a bit but it is nothing I cannot handle.

Have a lovely rest of the day.

Darren
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Cory
    Welcome to the community! Please let us know if we can do anything to help!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cary and a warm welcome to the community. Please do have a look around and let me know if there is anything that I can do to help :)
    Scope

• Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 554 Pioneering
    Hi @Cary I have MCS/IEI. I was declared disabled because of this in 2007, but disabled is a legal term and not a diagnosis. I wondered if you have been diagnosed? I expect you know of mcs-aware. I find it a useful forum. Do you think it may be worthwhile to start a dedicated MCS discussion here on Scope? Hope you are coping well with MCS, as in my experience there is zero help from the NHS. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    @Steve_in_The_City this thread is 4 years old and Cary hasn’t been active on the forum for the same length of time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.