Can't get ESA, but can't work either — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Can't get ESA, but can't work either

julesd Member Posts: 3 Connected
I have 6 LB Discs bulged due to  Degenerative Disc Disease, I have problems with my knees, wrists and lower back due to OsteoArthritis, which also affects my hips and legs with Sciatica. I also have a skin condition called Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria, which can flare up at any time of the day, and has caused me many embarrassing times. I'm taking a cocktail of drugs for all my problems, and have 4 consultants trying to help me.
The other problem I have is from 8yrs ago, due to my gall bladder needing to be removed, but the surgeon made a major mistake and sliced through the bile duct tube, which could have killed me had it not been for the liver surgeon who was called in to try to do an emergency repair until I was well enough to undergo surgery to permanently repair the damage.

I tried to get esa, as I haven't been able to work since my op, but apparently my health isn't bad enough for me to qualify, I will be 60 in a few months, so how do they expect me to be able to get a job, let alone anyone employ me.

Sorry it's so long.



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.