Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Can't get ESA, but can't work either

julesdjulesd Member Posts: 3 Listener
I have 6 LB Discs bulged due to  Degenerative Disc Disease, I have problems with my knees, wrists and lower back due to OsteoArthritis, which also affects my hips and legs with Sciatica. I also have a skin condition called Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria, which can flare up at any time of the day, and has caused me many embarrassing times. I'm taking a cocktail of drugs for all my problems, and have 4 consultants trying to help me.
The other problem I have is from 8yrs ago, due to my gall bladder needing to be removed, but the surgeon made a major mistake and sliced through the bile duct tube, which could have killed me had it not been for the liver surgeon who was called in to try to do an emergency repair until I was well enough to undergo surgery to permanently repair the damage.

I tried to get esa, as I haven't been able to work since my op, but apparently my health isn't bad enough for me to qualify, I will be 60 in a few months, so how do they expect me to be able to get a job, let alone anyone employ me.

Sorry it's so long.

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.