Hi, my name is paisleyjane! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is paisleyjane!

Options
paisleyjane
paisleyjane Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi am new to this but am having BA trouble and would like your help.
Was a NICU staff nurse for years but they retired me on ill health grounds in 2013. Hate that I had to leave, life isn't at all what I had planned! 
Mum to grown up boys and widowed. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @paisleyjane Pleased to meet you . Welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

How can the community advise?

We are a supportive community. Friendly, care and share.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @paisleyjane and a warm welcome to the community! The community is a place to give and receive support so please let us know if there is anything that we can do :) 
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @paisleyjane
    Welvome to the community!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • paisleyjane
    paisleyjane Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    When I retired I was put in the support group, on contribution based ESA. Last year I had appointment with a compliance officer who said I have been over paid they hadn't taken my pension into consideration. Apparently I get both contribution and income ESA. Although no one can understand why, or tell me what portion is income related. I spoke to a lady Friday who couldn't understand at all. The other thing is my pension is £67 a week, so on contribution based it falls under the £85 limit for deductions. I have written to them but never got a reply. 
    This becomes a problem because they have said I have been overpaid by £346. Then over paid £12,500.00 and £50 fine charge.
    Its gone to tribunal, but they haven't waited for that they are also taking back £22 , having stopped the £67 pension last year, so my income has dropped drastically.The repayments are to be made till September 2040!!!!! I'll be long gone by then. ??
    plus I didn't get a letter from the tribunal so didn't attend, they found I shouldn't pay the £50 charge, as I had told them I was getting a pension. I do have to pay the £346, with regard to the £12,500.00, the lost the paperwork for that, they only looked at 2 items. They are going to look through the paperwork to see if it's there! 
    Can you get both contribution based esa and income at the same time ? My contribution are still being paid so am up to date. 
    Can you please comment? 
    Thanks 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome hope you get some advice soon

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.