Hi, my name is paisleyjane! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is paisleyjane!

Options
paisleyjane
paisleyjane Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi am new to this but am having BA trouble and would like your help.
Was a NICU staff nurse for years but they retired me on ill health grounds in 2013. Hate that I had to leave, life isn't at all what I had planned! 
Mum to grown up boys and widowed. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @paisleyjane Pleased to meet you . Welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

How can the community advise?

We are a supportive community. Friendly, care and share.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @paisleyjane and a warm welcome to the community! The community is a place to give and receive support so please let us know if there is anything that we can do :) 
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @paisleyjane
    Welvome to the community!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • paisleyjane
    paisleyjane Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    When I retired I was put in the support group, on contribution based ESA. Last year I had appointment with a compliance officer who said I have been over paid they hadn't taken my pension into consideration. Apparently I get both contribution and income ESA. Although no one can understand why, or tell me what portion is income related. I spoke to a lady Friday who couldn't understand at all. The other thing is my pension is £67 a week, so on contribution based it falls under the £85 limit for deductions. I have written to them but never got a reply. 
    This becomes a problem because they have said I have been overpaid by £346. Then over paid £12,500.00 and £50 fine charge.
    Its gone to tribunal, but they haven't waited for that they are also taking back £22 , having stopped the £67 pension last year, so my income has dropped drastically.The repayments are to be made till September 2040!!!!! I'll be long gone by then. ??
    plus I didn't get a letter from the tribunal so didn't attend, they found I shouldn't pay the £50 charge, as I had told them I was getting a pension. I do have to pay the £346, with regard to the £12,500.00, the lost the paperwork for that, they only looked at 2 items. They are going to look through the paperwork to see if it's there! 
    Can you get both contribution based esa and income at the same time ? My contribution are still being paid so am up to date. 
    Can you please comment? 
    Thanks 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome hope you get some advice soon

Brightness