Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is AnksponPete!

Hi everyone I`ve just joined :-)

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Member Posts: 7,429 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AnksponPete
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • AnksponPeteAnksponPete Member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited September 2018

No probs. I`ve had ankylosing spondylitis since I was 20 ( diagnosed at 26 ) and worked as a painter and decorator until I was 39. A car accident made my condition a lot worse and I had to stop work in 1997 aged 39. I was classed as unemployable by the DSS med assessor in 1997 and was awarded DLA in 1999. I`ve been through all the ESA and PIP trials and worries and come out the other side in the ESA support group and enhanced awards of PIP in both categories. I still manage to get out fishing (with help from my friends) and live with my ex rescue staffie bull terrier girl Missy.

If I can answer any questions that people have about ESA or PIP, then I`ll try. I may not be on here every day, depends how I`m feeling mentally and physically.

BTW, I reached 60 years last Feb, so am an old wrinkly now. :-) 

• Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AnksponPete, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here!
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Member Posts: 7,429 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks so much! Members of the community will greatly appreciate that.  Please let us know if you need any help at all with anything! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
Sign in or join us to comment.