Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Blue badge issues
Hi all,I’m a bit concerned as I’ve just applied for a renewal of my blue card,I had to say exactly how many steps I could walk,I tried to put ‘it varies ‘but the lady said I must put a number,I tried to explain some days I can walk better than others,I have C O P D ,we agreed on the steps to my front gate,problem is if I’m observed walking around my garden on a good day it could seem I was lying,I also have Polymyalgia Rheumatica and an aneurism on my Aorta and do my best to stay as active as possible,some days I can’t get out of bed.I understand they must be sure we are disabled but I’ve had COPD over 7 years and had a blue badge.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.