Hi, my name is lolo_js_m! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lolo_js_m!

lolo_js_m
lolo_js_m Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am 48 have a few long term chronic illnesses which are fibromyalgia, arthritis, epilepsy, type 1 diabetes, restless leg symdrome, depression with suicidal tendencies. 
I'm a mother off 4 aged 30, 28, 25, 23 and nana of 6 aged 3-8 .
I was a bank nurse until health made me unfit for work.
I try to keep my mind busy with hobbies although I will admit to days, weeks and even months when I cannot do any of my crafts which are cross stitch, bead embroidery, bead jewellery, sewing toys, clothes and quilts.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lolo_js_m

Welcome to our online community/family.

Yes keeping busy is the best “medicine”

You sure have a “big” family!!!!!

I’m sure that they would really miss you being around to soon!!!!

Please please let us know if you need a “pick me up” at anytime!!!!!!!!!!

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lolo_js_m welcome to the community! 

If if you have any thoughts of suicide please contact the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email jo@samaritans.org

It is awful when you can’t do the things you used to do, I loved drawing but due to my Ataxia I struggle to keep a steady hand. Is there anything new you would like to try?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lolo_js_m, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here! 
  • lolo_js_m
    Thank you so much I look forward to making long lasting friendships.
  • lolo_js_m
    I'm here if anyone just wants a chat or shoulder to cry on i promise i will never judge anyone and I will support people who want me to . Due to my health and old job I know how illness or health problems can effect your state of mind . Even though had a bad 2 months due to family breavment's I'm in a good place at the moment .
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lolo_js_m Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry what has happened how are you coping ?

Have you spoken to any one for support regarding your bereavement. I know what helps is talking about how you are?

There is an organisation called CRUSE.  Have a look on line for any information and advice.  Something to consider.  Hope that helps.

Also may I suggest consider looking for some mental health support as well.  Just a suggestion.

I myself have mental health issues and found accessing the right support. This I did and used a local mental health charity. Many of them as I do know will pleased to give you any support. Do know some have ladies support groups and can be beneficial in your well being.

You can self refer or go through your Doctors. 

Looking at how they can help with your mental health, wellbeing and self esteem. Nothing is easy and do understand doing small steps but we are here to help and be supportive.

We are a friendly community. Care and share.

Thank you supporting those who need a shoulder or some one to listen to. We are here for you as well.

Anytime want a chat I am always here.

Pleasure to meet you .

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • lolo_js_m
    Thank you @thespiceman yes I have help i talk to a local charity a lot and they help with my mental health issues i just need to force myself to contact them as sometimes I just want to b alone but I know it's wrong. I have a good family with a lot of support from them as well.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lolo_js_m Thanks for reply. Good to hear from you.

Glad to know that you are keeping in touch with the mental health charity.

I know myself having mental health issues. Thinking one time do not wish to bother any one be on my own.

Us gentleman. All I know helped a lot. Happy for you if you have a good family network.

That is special and important.

What is important is having some time to reflect.   I do know having a interest and hobbies helps.

Be great to say and how you started doing yours.  Show the community what you good at.  Just a suggestion.

This helps being here and the support I get from community members.

Including your self.

Keep in touch always here. Anytime.  

Take care 

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.