Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Have you been using an upper limb prosthesis? - PhD research participation request (University of Sa
For any upper limb prosthesis users (or if you know any who might be interested) can you please read below about my final PhD research study, which I hope you will consider participating in! This is a follow-up study to a previous interviews study with prosthesis users, which I posted on here a year ago.
Have you been using an upper limb prosthesis? - Research participation request
If so, we are interested to hear from you about your experiences of this and participate in research from the University of Salford – ‘An exploration of factors associated with embodiment of upper limb prostheses’.
The aim of this study is to explore whether specific factors are associated with upper limb prosthesis embodiment (the feeling of the prosthesis being ‘part of’ you). We hope this will develop understanding of prosthesis embodiment and have important implications for prosthetic design and/or rehabilitation.
The research involves completion of a short anonymous online survey, covering a range of feelings towards your prosthesis along with some background questions.
We hope to hear from anyone who is 18 or above and who has an upper-limb prosthesis.
Please follow this link to a survey detailing full information for you to read and decide if you wish to participate.
Recruitment from 23/10/18 to 17/02/19 –
Andrew Hodrien (PhD researcher)
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 303 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments