had esa assessment i am worried about outcome - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

had esa assessment i am worried about outcome

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck and please do let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • princess27
    princess27 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    i have had the outcome of it now they have taken my esa off me saying that i am no longer intitled to it so i am now going through the process of apillling it 
  • poppy123456
    i have had the outcome of it now they have taken my esa off me saying that i am no longer intitled to it so i am now going through the process of apillling it 
    Good luck. Do bare in mind that if you claim Universal credit then you won't be able to go back onto ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • princess27
    theyve said that i needed to do that so i can have some money 
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Sounds as though the system is cornering people 

MOP were saying that UC ought not take so long to receive 

i hope youre going to receive income soon 
  • poppy123456
    theyve said that i needed to do that so i can have some money 
    Oh dear, i wish you had posted the outcome earlier. Sometimes the advice they give you isn't always the best. You'll remain on UC now, unfortunately.

I'd still carry on with the MR/Tribunal if it gets that far. If it does and the decision goes in your favour hopefully DWP will honour that decision and place you into the relevant group for UC. If you're sending in sick/fit notes for the UC claim then you may have a work capability assessment in the meantime.
  • BELLAcat2018
    BELLAcat2018 Scope Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi princess27.
    What a bummer , the dwp will say and do anything  these days,  I don't trust them , I'm sorry your having to claim UC NOW,  I hope it does not take too long . I still have not heard back from when I sent my esa form on 26 Nov,  but I'm not expecting to now until after Christmas.  
  • princess27
    i know i was crying down the phone to them and the women on the other end of the phone said to me that the decission they have made is final and that i can do a mr but that wont been seen til after christmas
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear this @princess27, and I'm truly sorry to hear how it's affected you too. It doesn't change things, but I hope you know you're among others who understand and who may have been through similar experiences themselves, and will do what they can to support you.

If you do pursue an MR/tribunal, please do keep us updated. This Scope page on DWP appeals may be a good starting point.

https://youtu.be/4sOsiEFo-Ck
  • jw0957
    jw0957 Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Hi All, I had an ESA assessment that didn't go in my favor. I appealed but that came back with a negative decision. I'm now going to appeal via tribunal but I'm worried because the reconsideration letter only gave me to 19 Th December to appeal with a tribunal. I have been so stressed, anxious and depressed about this and my mental health has been affected again. Getting a Dr's appointment has been difficult with the run-up to Christmas and I'm not sure if the appeal court will accept my request now. I have worked so hard over the years to put my depression behind me but find that dark road is looming again. Who do I go to for help in making the appeal to the courts now that I'm late in sending it due to health issues? I've done nothing but cry because now I have little or no money left once my rent, council tax, and other essential bills are paid, to eat. Its either eat or heat as I can't do both. Going to the food banks aren't an option for me due to dietary needs. Im in a lot more pain because I'm cold and depressed and ready to give up altogether. Please, can someone guide me to the right people to help me? TIA
  • poppy123456
    Hi,

You actually have 13 months to request the Tribunal with good reason and your health would be good enough reason. You need to fill out the SSCS1 form and send the MR decision letter with the form. You can either download and print the form off online or go to your local CAB and they will give you the form.

You can also contact welfare rights or a law centre in your area for further help.

Since you were found fit for work what benefits if any did you claim? Universal credit?
  • jw0957
    Poppy yes. UC, I know I wont be able t go back on ESA but I lost a lot of money when it changed to UC. My health is suffering badly and Im not sure I can come back from this unscathed mentally. I did it once before but now Im older and cant see my future being any less stressful or painful. Im 62 in Feb but I cant retire!! 
  • poppy123456
    The reason you lost a lot of money was most likely because you were in a group on ESA and since you were found fit for work, UC will pay you less.

For the ESA appeal if you were previously in one of the groups then it will help to know the reasons you were in there. If this still applies then you should base your appeal on that.
  • jw0957
    Thank you Poppy, I was in the work-related group for 2 years, went on courses because I felt as if I didnt have a choice.

• princess27
    jw0957 i feel for you i am in the same situation i am on universal credit thanks to esa saying i am fit for work been to see my doc because luckly i had a pre booked appointment before i found out the discisson when i told she was not happy luckly she gave me a sick note saying that i am not fit for work due to my mental health i can feel for u on uc as they wont be paying my first payment til the 25th of jan which is not good 
  • jw0957
    Princess, thankyou, your kind words over-whelms me. I've had a fit note in since they rang me and told me. My GP surgery doesn't have many apps but I hope to get one tomorrow. From my benefit I have 79p to buy food once the essential come out of it. My brothers and sisters as well as my daughter have gave me money as Christmas gifts so I could stay warm over the holidays as I don't get paid until 1 January (Paid 31st Dec) I've cried buckets because we don't normally give each other gifts at Christmas with having too many Grandchildren. They also bought me food I can eat due to my dietary needs. They cant keep helping me out as they have families but I know they will keep trying. 
  • princess27
    yer my family the same they sent food parcels over to help me out and someone at my church gave me a voucher for the local supermarket near me to by some bits luckly i did apply for an advance budget to try and get me through to my first payment but it didnt last long by the time i paid most of the bills and stuff i feel bad when people try and help me out as i want to do it on my own but its never easy i can understand with the dietary needs as i have to be careful what i eat aswell i really dont think the benefit people live in the real world because if they do they would see how much of a struggle it is to live on the limited money they give us
  • jw0957
    edited December 2018
    Princess27, its not the people who work at the benefits office and it is unfair that they get a lot of bad calls. They have a job to do and Id hate to be in their shoes, yes you do get some advisors with a bad attitude towards benefit clients and unfortunately the good ones to often get the back lash or the sharp end  of someone's tongue. Its the Government that is the problem and THEY don't give a tinkers damn (that's the polite version of it) 
  • princess27
    i know the government is not very good i know some of the advisor in my local job centre have got a bit of an attitude problem they one who i spoke to last thursday was very nice but he was brought from a different office and probs wont see him there again
  • jw0957
    I have a lovely advisor at the job center! trouble is he has arranged fr me to attend college because I said the jobs Ive applied for since going on Jobseekers are such that I would need to update my 8 yr old computer skills. Im worried sick that if im not well enough to attend, that I will be sanctioned. Its all just too much and Im ill with worry. :neutral:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.