Hi, my name is GreenZZs! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is GreenZZs!

Options
GreenZZs
GreenZZs Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have multiple internal disabilities and emotional/ mentally challenging disabilities and very low self esteem. I am currently medically retired, but I would like to return to part time work. I volunteer when not too ill, to do so :) ..

I am struggling to complete an updated Cv, as it is over twenty years since I was last in paid employment..Is there any organisations who can help the over 55's,  with their administration or advise on possible low cost-vocational re- training courses.. Is job trails a good idea also?

Advice is what I need, and fast, as homelessness looms ever present, which is a problem if your only income is standard PIP care rate, and your council tax bill is £150+ a month to pay along with full rent payment.

I now have to claim universal credit so I am told, but I do not want to claim it, as it means, using a disabled employment advisor, or "Pleb / ****" who normally, have no idea what the real world is like for a disabled person, who show no physical signs of disablement ...

Then there is the using a computer bit, but with my current mental ( manic depression- PTSD- Fibromyalgia, Sleep Apoena) and visual impairments, I am finding that is a real mental challenge, too.

I would rather get some employment to prove people wrong, who think, that I am a disabled loser and lazy, (which has never been the case, if you are a disabled man Friday/ Gdb- home carer/ driver)

I know I have a lot to offer the world yet, as I am left handed, and multi dexterous and an alternative thinker ...

The alternative is imprisonment for not paying your council tax, roughing it or leave Bigoted Brexit Britain for good!

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hello @GreenZZs and a warm, if slightly belated, welcome to the community. It is good to have you with us and I hope you will bear with us - others will respond as your post filters through to them.
    You're clearly an intelligent and capable person whom I would consider it a privilege to get to know, and the first rule, perhaps, is 'Don't let the b******s grind you down'!
    Could you possibly phone our helpline on 0808 800 3333? I think it might be useful for you to talk to somebody. They're open standard office hours I think.
    And don't hesitate to get back to us.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @GreenZZs

Good Evening & Welcome ??

Please please contact our helpline tomorrow morning on the number that @JennysDad has given you above.

Please please let me know if there’s any problems !!!!!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.