Hi, my name is GreenZZs! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is GreenZZs!

Options
GreenZZs
GreenZZs Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have multiple internal disabilities and emotional/ mentally challenging disabilities and very low self esteem. I am currently medically retired, but I would like to return to part time work. I volunteer when not too ill, to do so :) ..

I am struggling to complete an updated Cv, as it is over twenty years since I was last in paid employment..Is there any organisations who can help the over 55's,  with their administration or advise on possible low cost-vocational re- training courses.. Is job trails a good idea also?

Advice is what I need, and fast, as homelessness looms ever present, which is a problem if your only income is standard PIP care rate, and your council tax bill is £150+ a month to pay along with full rent payment.

I now have to claim universal credit so I am told, but I do not want to claim it, as it means, using a disabled employment advisor, or "Pleb / ****" who normally, have no idea what the real world is like for a disabled person, who show no physical signs of disablement ...

Then there is the using a computer bit, but with my current mental ( manic depression- PTSD- Fibromyalgia, Sleep Apoena) and visual impairments, I am finding that is a real mental challenge, too.

I would rather get some employment to prove people wrong, who think, that I am a disabled loser and lazy, (which has never been the case, if you are a disabled man Friday/ Gdb- home carer/ driver)

I know I have a lot to offer the world yet, as I am left handed, and multi dexterous and an alternative thinker ...

The alternative is imprisonment for not paying your council tax, roughing it or leave Bigoted Brexit Britain for good!

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hello @GreenZZs and a warm, if slightly belated, welcome to the community. It is good to have you with us and I hope you will bear with us - others will respond as your post filters through to them.
    You're clearly an intelligent and capable person whom I would consider it a privilege to get to know, and the first rule, perhaps, is 'Don't let the b******s grind you down'!
    Could you possibly phone our helpline on 0808 800 3333? I think it might be useful for you to talk to somebody. They're open standard office hours I think.
    And don't hesitate to get back to us.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @GreenZZs

Good Evening & Welcome ??

Please please contact our helpline tomorrow morning on the number that @JennysDad has given you above.

Please please let me know if there’s any problems !!!!!!

Brightness