Somebody to attend PIP assessment with me - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Somebody to attend PIP assessment with me

Options
13»

Comments

• Bevers1959
    Bevers1959 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    Options
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Obviously that  person is not like me ,he said he has depression  and that he remains strong for his wife so much so she waits in the waiting room ,am sorry but the fact that he could actually go in with no hesitation and that he keeps control baffles me ,the dread i have is to actually get to the place  and i cant stop breaking down anywhere and everyday  wish i could control my anxiety and depression 
    Everybody is different.
    The last thing that I want to do is for me to try to talk about my issues with the assessor without the worry of how my wife would feel if she realised the true extent of my problems.
    I have no choice in the matter - maybe I am wrong but I have protected my wife over the years on many things relating to my health.
    She is not a well woman either.
    It's not a case of walking into the assessment alone with no hesitation and having full control of my issues. The choice is not there - I have no choice.
    As for full control, grief, without that control the first thing that would happen if I became agitated was to probably demolish the damn room. Anybody that then came in would have to be extremely careful in how they approached me. I know what I can be like - probably their worst nightmare.
    Hence the reason why I have had to be sectioned in the past - not just for my benefit but mainly for the benefit of everybody around me.
    Without that control how would my wife react if I was pushed that far?

Over the years with counselling etc I have had to learn how to control myself.

I would add that before the incident I was the most placid and patient guy that you could meet.
    With the brain injury on top of the PTSD my personality changed overnight

I lead a normal life to the outsider which is only possible because of the drugs I am on and the hours and years I have spent within the mental health system trying to take back control of my life.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.